introducing Yasmin =)

Hotmum- Congrats! She's lovely :) She looks a lot like my girls!
They were born at 32+3 and one was in the NICU for 27 days one for 29 days- their progression was much like your Yasmine's- and the biggest hold up ended up being the feeding issues- but they made it past that hurdle just fine and are sleeping soundly in their crib next to me :cloud9:

Hotmum- Congrats! She's lovely :) She looks a lot like my girls!
They were born at 32+3 and one was in the NICU for 27 days one for 29 days- their progression was much like your Yasmine's- and the biggest hold up ended up being the feeding issues- but they made it past that hurdle just fine and are sleeping soundly in their crib next to me :cloud9:

Ow that´s great hearing that =)
I can´t wait for her for come home, but I know if she goes before due is just a bonus =)
So how is the feeding? How do they do ?
Did u bf ? expressed?

=)

awwwwww she is stunning

MissMuffet08

I really hope yours get home soon too =)

I know I am supposed to rest =( but its pretty hard with a 2 year old ! Lol
I do get a break here and there, but honestly I need some more lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My BP still a little high and I m still in strong meds, how was your ladies recovery after Pre E

I am afraid of this crazy BP lasting forever =(
Plus I tried EVERYTHING to increase my milk ( from dark bear to pills ) and nothing seems to work... I am doing MUCH better right now
about 10 oz a day... JUST what she needs, but I know they will increase with time so I need to increase with her.

Any natural way ?
can it be because of strong meds and little rest ?
( I am current taking 2400 ml of labetalol a day and 40 mg of nifedipine.)

hey hun, congrats :) shes beautiful, BP meds are known for reducing the amount of milk you get, i was on a huuuge amount of bp meds when i had both my girls and my nephrologist (kidney/bp consultant, one of the top nephrologists in the UK ) started me on domperidone literally the day i gave birth as he knew i wouldnt be able to get any milk.

xx

MissMuffet08

I really hope yours get home soon too =)

I know I am supposed to rest =( but its pretty hard with a 2 year old ! Lol
I do get a break here and there, but honestly I need some more lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My BP still a little high and I m still in strong meds, how was your ladies recovery after Pre E

I am afraid of this crazy BP lasting forever =(
Plus I tried EVERYTHING to increase my milk ( from dark bear to pills ) and nothing seems to work... I am doing MUCH better right now
about 10 oz a day... JUST what she needs, but I know they will increase with time so I need to increase with her.

Any natural way ?
can it be because of strong meds and little rest ?
( I am current taking 2400 ml of labetalol a day and 40 mg of nifedipine.)

hey hun, congrats :) shes beautiful, BP meds are known for reducing the amount of milk you get, i was on a huuuge amount of bp meds when i had both my girls and my nephrologist (kidney/bp consultant, one of the top nephrologists in the UK ) started me on domperidone literally the day i gave birth as he knew i wouldnt be able to get any milk.

xx

I can´t wait to be out of those meds, I do have a little high blood pressure high 130´s - high 90´s (always controlled with diet and exercise )
but not even COMPARED to what I got during pregnancy... 200´s- high 130´s my last week pregnant...
My blood pressure is actually getting normal again, actually lower than MY normal ( 100´s-80´s), so I think they will reduce my meds soon =)
Do you have cronic, or just high BP when pregnant?

NEWSSSSSSSSSSSSS

She took her first bottle YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

=DDDD ok.. she took less than half ounce, but she wasn´t suppost to try before next week, so starting now was GREAT news lol

It´s her last step ! I know it takes couple weeks but it´s getting closer and closer...
I can see the end now and I wasn´t seeing before...
Please baby girl stay strong, momy can´t wait to show you the world ( ok maybe just her room for now lol )
O my God I can´t stop smiling today =D

OH MY GOD ! I Just found out that she does have her little issues ( a´s and b´s ) like any preemie, but she is a BOOB EATER =D

She is finally in the special care and taking most feedings by mouth ( still having couple by the tube and when she takes by mouth she sleeps hehe )

but yesterday we tried brestfeeding for the first time =D and guess what?
SHE LACTHED ON ! Yep, at 34 weeks she did both breasts ( 10 min each ) she did had couple spells while doing it, but nothing to worry. The neonatalogist was impressed he told me is really hard to see 34 weekers do that good at the breast. I felt so proud of my little girl ! I was smilling all day lol

PS. She also graduated the isolette YEAA, on step closer baby girl ! =))))))

hotMum- so glad to hear- she'll be home with you in no time now! :happydance:

hotMum- so glad to hear- she'll be home with you in no time now! :happydance:

Oh Men, I can´t take this roller coaster, today I had some bad news...
She lost weight for the past couple of days and they think it is because of breastfeeding and bottleling and all the sucking and swalling and breathing or whatever...
So she is back to the tube :cry:

Because of her spells while drinking or breastfeeding they want to ´´hold it`` a little longer ( plus the lost weight), the doc told me it is not really usual for her age do have that much spells they may be sleepy but not having that much of spells, so because of her breathing problems
( cpap and then oxygen for almost 9 days ) and eating issues she may be a little younger than we think ( like 30,31 weeks instead of 32 when she was born)I told him I really NEVER saw a 30 weeker with 3.14 pounds, haha
but he told me weight doesn´t REAAALLY matter but ´´maturity`` of her system.

Idk, I just cried... She progress and regress and progress and regress...

whatever, I will wait till my due date ( june 28th) from now on...

Aww sweetie :hug: My Charlotte did the same thing- she had a massive spell a week before coming home and turned purple in my arms- it is scary and frustrating and sad and aggravating all in one! But when the "turn that corner" they really do takeoff- and all of a sudden they gain massive weight and no spells at all and sleep longer periods and turn into that proper newborn you were expecting- but with the bonus of having gotten to know them that much sooner :cloud9:

i know how you feel with everything hun. it's hard 2 steps forward 3 back. driving me bananas with samanthas feeding issues. xxx :hugs: She will get there. Just hold that hope close. Keeps saying it will all come to an end. I know how hard it is. Samantha is 4 weeks past due date and still on ng tube for feeding troubles. xxxx :hugs:

i know how you feel with everything hun. it's hard 2 steps forward 3 back. driving me bananas with samanthas feeding issues. xxx :hugs: She will get there. Just hold that hope close. Keeps saying it will all come to an end. I know how hard it is. Samantha is 4 weeks past due date and still on ng tube for feeding troubles. xxxx :hugs:

I know right =(

It gets sooo close that we can almost TASTE it and all of the sudden something happens and mess everything up...

it is not fair :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->