Introducing ...

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
Erikah Michelle!

December 7th 2010 at 11:26pm, weighing 4lbs 8oz. I'm sorry this story isn't very exciting!

At 7pm on 7th December I felt a bit unwell. The next thing I know I'm laying on the floor with a paramedic staring at me! Apparently I fainted, though I don't remeber it. I know I had a headache afterwards!
We got to the hospital and bypassed A+E as it was very busy. We went straight up to maternity. The midwives said I looked terrible which was nice of them! I could hardly moved and had to be carried onto the bed. I was put on a drip and doctors came in. My blood pressure was through the roof, and they made the descision that they'd have to deliver the baby. I was very worried as I was only 35 weeks pregnant and I wasn't sure how well my baby girl would do being born 5 weeks early. Another doctor came in to give me the form to sign for the emergancy c-section and I threw up all over it ... So he had to get another one!
My two wonderful friends, Emily and Mike, came up to the hospital and Emily came into the theatre with me. They gave me a spinal injection (OUCH!) and then my whole body turned into jelly. I actually couldn't feel anything!! The doctors explained everything as they were doing it, as they had put a screen up. At 11:26pm my princess was born. She screamed the place down the moment she was born, and I saw in her notes she got an APGAR score of 9/10! She was a wee bit blue when she was born, but apparently it was cos it was cold in the theatre, and she was early.
I had a wonderful cuddle with her for ages, before Emily and Mike had their cuddles. We were up on the labor ward for a couple of days so they could monitor my blood pressure, and make sure my baby was ok, and also I was still on drips. After a couple of days we were moved to the post-natal ward in the maternity section. We were there for ages. Erikah had to have loads of tests for different things. They kept checking her jaundice levels as she looked a bit yellow but they seemed fine. We both had to be monitored very closely.
I was told we were very lucky she didn't have to go into the special care baby unit. She was so so tiny. We had a lot of trouble with feeding her to begin with. She wouldn't latch on because she was so small, so we were cup-feeding her. We then had to switch to a bottle to monitor exactly how much she was having as she lost 10% of her birth weight. I was expressing milk for her which was great as my boobs were killing me, and one of the midwives said I had enough milk to feed all the babies in the hospital!
They think I had pre-eclampsia and ended up having an "eclamptic fit" or somegthing which is hy I fainted.
We were in the hospital for 1 week. Erikah is now 2 weeks old, and doing really well. She still doesn't latch on so I am still expressing, though my milk seems to be running low so we're topping her up with formula when needed. She is still really tiny, but is growing well! Her clothes are far too big for her - even 'tiny baby' clothes are too big!
I am a very proud mommy! :D

The first picture is when she was just born, and the second picture is her now, at 2 weeks old

Attachments

• Just born.jpg
    Just born.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Dreaming.jpg
    Dreaming.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 32
aw congratulations hun, shes absolutely gorgeous! xxxxxx

Congtratulations - she is really beautiful! Glad to hear mum and baby are well and now you get to spend Christmas together! x

What a beautiful baby and she looks so alert on that first pic (alhough rather confused as to what the heck is going on ;))

Congratulations! She's a little cutie! x

She is really lovely! Sorry you had to go through a scary experience but glad she is here and doing well. Xx

Congratulations fellow Jan Jellybean :)

Awww i think its a lovely story lol at the sick bit ... congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"