Introduction and advice please

Jo2600

Reaction score
Hello ladies

My name is jo and i have been lurking around the trying to conceive pages for a few days now and have found a few things that I have read really useful, so i have decided to join in.

Me and my husband are very new to this and I want to gain as much knowledge as I can before we starting TTC properly, so I am hoping you ladies can help us.

I came off the pill (cilest) on the 9th April after being on it for 10 years and had my usual break bleed. Since then I haven't had another. I am not used to my cycle yet and I just wanted to know how long it had taken any of you to have a period after stopping the pill?

Thanks for your help

Hi jo,

Welcome! I stopped taking the pill in jan 2012 and it took me a few cycles to get into a predicatable pattern. From what I read, it can take a while to sort out.

I recommend being patient, try to learn more about your own body (we're all so different!) And chat with the ladies on here - they're great!

Also, start vitamins (particularly folic acid) and your doc might want to do some pre-conception checks, too.

Good luck!!!

I went off in November. I dont think i actually ovulated until the 2nd or 3rd month Because I barely had a period it was more of like spotting. By the 4th month i was starting to feel like My hormones were getting somewhat normal and i started to see a pattern in my cycles normally 28-30 days. As well as pain on one side at the time of ovulation. as said above you should start prenatal vitamins right away if you haven't already. Good luck and dont get to discouraged if it takes longer thenyou were expecting.

Thank you for your responses ladies I appreciate it.

It may take a bit longer than I thought! I thought I had experienced some EWCM? I hope I got that right!! Last week. i hardly had any discharge whilst on the pill so i did get a little excited and we tried every other day last week. I could be wrong though I suppose. I have read some other experiences ladies have had and it seems your body plays some funny tricks on you.

I have my fingers crossed for you all

Off the pill in nov/dec and haven't had the most regular cycles but I started temping in jan and I know I've ovulated every time since but cycles have been 42, 35, 38 days and if I get AF on time this cycle will be 37 days. My luteal phase has been 11 days each time so that how I know when I'm due for the :witch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->