Introduction and Estrogen questions

mom2jad

Reaction score
Hi All...

I have been ttc number 2 for over 2 years now. I will be 35 this year. I conceived number 1 naturally. I also conceived one prior to number 1 and miscarried at 5.5 weeks. In November of 2011 I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure. The RE was giving me clomid and a trigger shot. I did end up pregnant in Feb of 2012 and miscarried at 8 weeks. We took some time off and started again in Nov 2012. In January we changed to Femara and the trigger shot with progersterine after the trigger shot. I am now growing decent size eggs and ovulating but the RE is just now worried about my lining. Two months ago it was 6 and this last month 5.6 and they like to see 8. So this month we are doing nothing but estrogen to try and thicken it up. I started on an estrogen patch today, changing every other day. At night I have to take estrogen vaginally. I will also go for an u/s on day 13 to see if it is working. After I have the u/s I will start progesterone. (I have to have the progersterine to induce a period, I dont start on my own) I am also taking a small buffet of vitamins daily: prenatal, folic acid, vit c, vit e, L arganine 2 times per day, co q 10 3 times per day, fish oil, vit b 6 and 12 and pycogenol (sp?) and baby aspirin.

My question is this...if this works to thicken my lining and then I have a period and start all over on femera etc how is it going to help? Won't I shed all the thickness? My RE is not doing any fertiltiy meds this month, just the estrogen.

Anyone else out there with the POF?

Hi All...

I have been ttc number 2 for over 2 years now. I will be 35 this year. I conceived number 1 naturally. I also conceived one prior to number 1 and miscarried at 5.5 weeks. In November of 2011 I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure. The RE was giving me clomid and a trigger shot. I did end up pregnant in Feb of 2012 and miscarried at 8 weeks. We took some time off and started again in Nov 2012. In January we changed to Femara and the trigger shot with progersterine after the trigger shot. I am now growing decent size eggs and ovulating but the RE is just now worried about my lining. Two months ago it was 6 and this last month 5.6 and they like to see 8. So this month we are doing nothing but estrogen to try and thicken it up. I started on an estrogen patch today, changing every other day. At night I have to take estrogen vaginally. I will also go for an u/s on day 13 to see if it is working. After I have the u/s I will start progesterone. (I have to have the progersterine to induce a period, I dont start on my own) I am also taking a small buffet of vitamins daily: prenatal, folic acid, vit c, vit e, L arganine 2 times per day, co q 10 3 times per day, fish oil, vit b 6 and 12 and pycogenol (sp?) and baby aspirin.

My question is this...if this works to thicken my lining and then I have a period and start all over on femera etc how is it going to help? Won't I shed all the thickness? My RE is not doing any fertiltiy meds this month, just the estrogen.

Anyone else out there with the POF?

Hi mom2jad! Didn't want to read and run. I was looking for baby aspirin posts to see what it does and came across yours. I guess if your lining thickens, that's good to know, so that you can go on the same 'thickening' regimen if/when u start with the femara next time??

I am just confused on why we would do all this work to get it to thicken and not do anything for ovulation the same month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->