Introduction

N

NewlyHopeful

Hi all!

I have been posting over at the TTC board for a few months, but recently I decided to change my status to WTT while I lose some weight, and maybe save some money.

I'm 33 and my DH is 30. We have been married for 3 1/2 years and together for 6 1/2 years.

Here is where we are at:

Me: Ready to be Mom- my DH doesn't even know how bad I want it. Need to lose weight and work on DH adversion to kids. I have never been on BC and never been pregnant. I have a very regular 31 day cycle.

Right now I am 5 days late. (see other thread)

DH: Curious about kids, but thinks they will ruin his trips to Disney World. (seriously) Is realizing I am looking at babies with goo goo eyes, and is thinking on it. Super fit in body- slightly off in mind :)

Us: Passively TTC (NTNP) for 5 months. Really needing to talk about this in more detail.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hearing about your plans.

Welcome! Do you have a specific date you're waiting for? Or a weight/BMI? Either way I hope it comes around soon for you!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I would like to start TTC again no later than January 2011. Hopefully, sooner depending on my weight. I would say I would like to drop 60lbs before we try.

If I lose the weight sooner then we may start earlier.

Hey & welcome!!

See youre in Florida, me too!! :)

Edit: I see you're already NTNP but you're husband isn't ready..maybe you do should have a serious talk about it all!

Hey & welcome!!

See youre in Florida, me too!! :)

Edit: I see you're already NTNP but you're husband isn't ready..maybe you do should have a serious talk about it all!

SO right about him maybe not being totally ready! I thats another reason why I am focusing more on losing weight right now than getting pregnant. We have always been NTNP for the entire time we have been together. We both look at it is as we are adults and if it is meant to be it will happen. THAT we have talked about. However, I stay concious of my cycle and try to keep the friskiness to a minimum during my fertile days. I have never been on the pill, and it has never been an issue.

As for a big talk... I'm on the fence about that. I sometimes think that when you sit down to have super serious relationship changing talks that things are sometimes said that can't be taken back.

I am kind of waiting to see what my doctor says when I go next week. (I had to push my appointment back a week, because of AF) If she seriously feels like I am "running out of time" then I might be more encouraged to have a discussion.

Until then I am ok to wait a bit. I kind of think he secretly wants a baby too, but thinks I don't. (lots a little jokes about misbaving kids being what our kids would be like, asking me if I liked holding my friends baby, etc.)

It's always been super easy for us to be together- I just don't want to over complicate things.

One thing I know for sure... he is a super Dad for our dogs!That's promising.

Hey :) welcome to WTT! Good luck the weight loss :D xx

Welcome :flower:

Just thought I'd say, in my experience, that men who speak about kids like your OH are looking for approval to like kids IYKWIM. I bet he's the kind of guy who would love to be a dad but not make the decision to do it haha. I hope your stay here is short and sweet :) x

Welcome :flower:

Just thought I'd say, in my experience, that men who speak about kids like your OH are looking for approval to like kids IYKWIM. I bet he's the kind of guy who would love to be a dad but not make the decision to do it haha. I hope your stay here is short and sweet :) x

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->