Invisalign help!

Jess137

Pregnant w/1st - 3rd Tri!
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place but it was the most appropriate forum on B&B.

Anyway, I just got Invisalign invisible braces last Wednesday afternoon. I am miserable! My gums hurt the whole time I am wearing them, my gums bleed every time I brush my teeth (which is about 4 times a day since you have to brush every time you take them out and put them back in), and my mouth just hurts all the time. The dentist just told me to take Advil. I have had to use Anbesol every time I put the trays back in, otherwise it is almost unbearable. I have to wear these for 14 months. I don't know how I'm going to do it. Besides the fact that if I do get pregnant soon (starting TTC in June), I can't take Advil, and Anbesol is a pregnancy category C. I can't imagine wearing these things AND having morning sickness!:cry:

Has anyone else had Invisalign, or have it now? I just want to know if it stays like this or if it gets better.:wacko:

I had invisalign braces a few years ago. The first couple of weeks they were pretty sore, then it did get better. Once you get used it, it usually only hurts like that for a short time (I'd say a day or so all the time, and 2 days when taking in and out) when you get a new set.

Take normal painkillers for now. Take them out as infrequently and for as short a time as possible. The longer they are out the more it hurts to put them back in. As you get close to your next set, you can relax a little more about how long they are out, but never more than an hour.

Personally I wouldn't want to have invisalign and be pregnant at the same time, but it can be done if you think you can handle it. By the way, when you eventually get to the end of your treatment, check and double check timescales for your retainer. I wore mine for a much longer time than I was told, but my teeth still shifted when I stopped wearing it.

Thanks! I don't know if I can handle it and be pg at the same time. I didn't know it would suck this bad. They said it would be "slight discomfort and pressure". And one woman that I talked to who has had them in the past says that she kept her last set and wears them as retainers at night. If she skips a day or two she can feel it when she does put them back in. I really do not want to wear them longer than I am told to.

Thank you again though. I am glad that it does get better.

I have braces on top teeth so I can sympathise with the pain. When I first got them on it hurt to eat or bite into crunchy food, I had a kebab as my first meal when I got them on.

Now my mouth has settled down and I'm getting mild pressure when I eat. It is so my teeth get used to the movement. I have been contemplating on trying a teething ring to relieve the pressure. ;)

Speaking of teething rings... something similar I found on dentakit.com. It's a frozen thing that you put on your gums above the braces and it supposedly blocks the pain signals. Don't remember what it's called though.

No. I looked it up, here's the link:https://www.dentakit.com/gumease.html I didn't explain it very well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->