Invites...how far in advance?

JessdueJan

Reaction score
How far in advance did you send out your invites? Or if you haven't done so yet when are you planning to?

Our wedding is only 5months away and we haven't yet sent out official invites, we have told our nearest and dearest the date though so it won't be a complete surprise when they get an invite

:flow:

I am sending mine out in the new year and my wedding isn't til November. Reason being that I have no ideas of numbers until people reply as it's a long distance wedding and I can't begin to arrange food or chair hire or do favours or anything until I know. As most of my wedding is DIY it's essential that I start making things early!

We sent out save the dates about 11 months before and then I think we will send the invites out about 3 months before!
We get married in June :)

We sent out STDs something like 8-9 months before and will send formal invites 6-8 weeks before :thumbup:

We're getting married 6th April next year, going to send invites out with christmas cards and asking people to rsvp by 9th feb

We are getting married on the 25th of may and i will be sending the invites out in the new year, probably mid Jan. I know what its like going to a wedding and having to shell out for a new outfit etc i think its nice to give people a few pay days to get themselves sorted. Plus gives you more chance of getting a decent wedding present lol (only kidding....or am i!?)

we got married in march & I sent ours out with the christmas cards so mid dec we had to let venue know final numbers for meal 2 weeks before but we added a week onto that date without telling people so we didn;t have to chase folk up last minute

I'm nervous now. You all are sending your invites months in advance :wacko: Do I need to send my earlier??

I will be sending mine out about 3 months in advance, only because most of our guests will be travelling so it gives them chance to get hotels booked when they are cheeper.

I'm nervous now. You all are sending your invites months in advance :wacko: Do I need to send my earlier??

I'm sending 3 months before so that gives me time to chase people, sort final numbers for the venue and also sort table plan and place name cards with enough notice to order etc!

Do what you feel is right :)

I'll extend it to 10 weeks I think. My worry is that people will get the invite, see the date and think 'oh, got ages to reply yet' and then forget :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->