iron infusion ??

rani007

Reaction score
hi I've been told I may need a iron infusion of my levels don't rise, has anybody had one and what happens during the treatment thanks x

Yep, I had a course of three infusions, set every other day. Just went in had a drip for about 30 mins and went home.

thanks so you have to have it through a drip, did you feel better after them and did your levels return back to normal x

Sorry in hospital at the moment so difficult using my phone.

Yep drip, they added it to saline, about 100 or 150 mls. I had a cannula bout in my hand and it was put in at a rate so it was done in about half an hour. First dose was slower and monitored more incase of a reaction. I had my blood pressure taken before during and after.

It wast anything to worry about.

My levels were 8 and ferritin 2, after infusions and continued iron my levels are 9.2 and ferrtin 33. But then Mu iron levels have never been in double figures so its good for md

Oops .... its good for me.

Mine have been as low as 6 before.

I've also had Iron Infusions, got put on a day ward had a couple of the bottles through IV and then left. had a follow up about a week later to see if they had worked and if my levels we're keeping up :)

thanks so much for all the info I just get worried over the smallest of things lol x

Awww try not to worry hun, its not a massive deal, you will be fine. You will prob feel so Much better too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->