Iron Tablets

cflower04

Reaction score
Has anyone been prescribed iron tablets in the first trimester? Fainted twice in work this morning so I went to the doctor shortly afterwards and that's what he gave me. He couldn't take bloods because the lab is closed for a few days but I've to go back on Monday to get them done. I've to take 2 tablets daily but I'm concerned about constipation and nausea.

According to the leaflet with the tablets, they should be taken in the second trimester and not the first, unless prescribed by a doctor. So I'm a little concerned by that too.

Anyone any advice?!

There is iron in prenatals, so if it wasn't safe, it wouldn't be in them. My prenatals have about 150% of what is needed per day. I would also say that you are nearly to second tri and your doctor prescribed them, most likely they are perfectly safe. There are warnings on every drug out there, even if they are safe, about pregnancy. I wouldn't be too concerned. Some people do get nauseous and/or constipated with iron, so you just have to wait and see.

With my DS i took them from 6 weeks until after birth he was fine, and iron tablets are fine to take as long as you know the right dosage

I'm on orescribed iron and gp said it was fine xxx

Hey ladies, Dr. has asked me to take 150mg dosage of iron supplement as I have low iron level, will the iron supplement and good diet will overcome the complications of anaemia. Please suggest

Thanks ladies! The tablets I've been prescribed contain - ferrous fumarate 305 mg, folic acid 350 micrograms... and I've to take two daily! Seems like a serious dose to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->