iron?..

tryin4baby

Mum to Mia. Preg with #2
Reaction score
anyone on here taking iron tablets?
had my blood taken the other day because i had been having chest pain and palpitations for about 5-6 months. blood count & thyroid came back normal but iron is low. its 9 when it should be between 15-300.
ive been given tablets to take, im not sure if its low because im pregnant or just generally low. anyone in the same situlation or simular?
i did get told by a few doctors that they think i have anxiety, i always thinks im going to die and i feel like im on my own :( xx

its not unusal for women to be anemic, due to having periods, so it could be due to your pregnancy or could just be low. Mine are usually low, and have been since i was 11 year old (im 27 now lol). After my son they were down at 6 constantly and were talking blood transfusions, eventually got it up to around 9 - 11.

If you dont take the tablet nothing dramtic will happen, you levels will probably drop a little more but evetually build themselves up. but its best to take them, you could possibly feel tired, faint, dizzy and those chest pains can be a symptom too.

If your feeling like your dying then you need to get some help, counsolling or tablets, ive had anxiety and depression in the past and had to go on medication, felt so much better then.

Good luck and hope your feeling better soon xxx

thank you, i do think i need to get some help.
congratulations on your twins by the way :happydance: xx

Thanks hun! Its not been an easy pregnancy, but after a previous MC it feels like a massive blessing.

Look after yourself, take your iron and if your still really anxious go back to your GP and get some help, these things tend to get worse rather than better. I left my depression and anxiety until i was so ill, i had to go straight onto anti-depressants and kept increasing my dose until i got some releif. It worked well for me, but if id doen something sooner i may not have got into such a state.

aw i bet your over the moon!!
good luck with everything. xx

Hi hun, when i was pregnant i was also on iron tablets, my levels came back at 7.3 so were quite low! I also had gestational Diabetes so i'm not sure which of those was making me feel drained!

Defo speak to your midwife or GP about feeling anxious, even if its just to talk things over it might help a little, don't let it get any worse xxxx

thanks girls.
im abit better now, people saying my cheeks have gone back to rosy red! and that i look much better.
palpitations have calmed down now but i know many women have them during pregnancy anyway x

Thats good hun, keep taking them and increasing your levels of iron in your diet.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->