• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Irregular Cycles: Should I average? or NOT average?

ladyreilly23

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

First of all, the internet is amazing. So glad I found this site. My husband & I discussing having kids.. but for 6+ months I've had irregular cycles and irregular periods. I'm concerned, only because majority of the time (99.9%) there is no "protection" involved.

I'm using an app on my phone to keep track of my cycles, because for a while there I never really took the time to KNOW when my last period was. Suddenly when you want to have a baby.. that stuff becomes important!

I'm using an app called "P Tracker" or "period tracker". I've been putting in my data.. and looking at the cycle spans its pretty crazy.

Here is my log:

December 28 2012: days in cycle = 42
November 16 2012: days in cycle = 57
September 20th 2012 (then I skipped the ENTIRE month of october.. :-/ )
days in cycle = 34

SOOOO.. with that information I have two options to determine my ovulation/next period. I can either AVERAGE the days per cycle (which would be 38) or the application can make a guesstimate using my last period. Which is better for TTC? We're not there yet.. but I'm trying to get control of what I CANT control.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->