Irregular Cycles

Little G

Reaction score
Hey Ladies

Just looking for some info on people experiencing the same thing, So I came off Microgynon 30 just over 3 months ago, I got my withdrawel bleed about a fortnight later, I then had my first cycle about 7 weeks after that and should have been on my 2nd cycle last week, Im now a week late and starting to worry that my cycle is going to be irregular, I know everyone is different but was just wondering for those of you with irregular cycles, how long did it take to start getting back to normal? :wacko:

My DF and I were planning TTC in January but Im starting to wonder if we should be starting now if TTC is going to take longer than antisipated...

Looking forward to hearing your reply's!

xx:flower:

I came off Microgynan 30 in January. Had usual withdrawal bleed, then first real period sometime in Feb - March. THen I started tracking:
March - April - 49 days
April - May 32 days
May - July 39 days
July - August 35 days
Not sure about this cycle but I haven't ovulated yet and it's cd 26 so expecting a long cycle.

Other info: I'm 28, on pill for about 10 years, not overweight, no pcos.

xx

I came off Microgynan 30 in January. Had usual withdrawal bleed, then first real period sometime in Feb - March. THen I started tracking:
March - April - 49 days
April - May 32 days
May - July 39 days
July - August 35 days
Not sure about this cycle but I haven't ovulated yet and it's cd 26 so expecting a long cycle.

Other info: I'm 28, on pill for about 10 years, not overweight, no pcos.

xx

Thanks Stargirl

I think i'll start tracking from September also, I was on microgynon for 15 years, im 32. Thought my cycles would have went straight back to normal, how naive am I, lol!? :dohh:

Ive no advice because since I came off that pill about 3 1/2 yrs ago Ive had irregular cycles, but I also found out recently I have PCOS which doesn't help. I found best thing to do for a few months is just keep a record of everything - discharge, spotting etc and if it doesn't settle down go to your GP :)

Good luck x

It can take up to 6m for your cycle to settle into a normal pattern after coming of the pill so dont worry to much

it took me 4 months to get regulated after I came off the pill.

www.fertilityfriend.com is a great way to help keep track of your cycles, and will be useful when you start TTC

Thankyou for all your reply's. :flower: My mind is a bit more at ease now.
Im going to starting charting from this month and have registered with fertility friend, so hopefully will be able to keep a better track now.

xxx

I have heard a lot of good things about a special blend of herbal teas that helps to regulate your cycle. It's made up in equal parts from raspberry leaves, rosemary leaves, sage leaves, mugwort leaves and elderflowers. Maybe that'd be worth a try while you're WTT?

Hi Little G - some people go right back to regular after they stop any form of birth control and others take a while. I took about 1 year. But, that being said...it doesn't mean I couldn't have gotten pregnant during that year. I had one cycle that was 86 days but I ovulated on CD73 or somewhere olong those lines. It just makes it harder to figure out your fertile window. Like the others have suggested. Fertility friend is really good at helping determine those things. And just getting as much information as you can from your own body.

If you have any questions I'm here!

Hi Little G - some people go right back to regular after they stop any form of birth control and others take a while. I took about 1 year. But, that being said...it doesn't mean I couldn't have gotten pregnant during that year. I had one cycle that was 86 days but I ovulated on CD73 or somewhere olong those lines. It just makes it harder to figure out your fertile window. Like the others have suggested. Fertility friend is really good at helping determine those things. And just getting as much information as you can from your own body.

If you have any questions I'm here!

Thanks Specialk, Ive registered with fertility friend so should hopefully be able to keep better track now, just a bit worrying cause you expect your body to go back to normal once you stop taking the pill but its put my mind at ease a bit knowing most people are in the same boat and it just takes a while for your body to adjust again.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"