irregular cycles

cupcake.girl

Reaction score
Hi,
Before having my son 16 months ago I had reasonably regular cycles within a few days. We got pregnant with him on the first month of trying. Now my cycles have been irregular ranging from 21 days to 40 days. I stopped breast feeding 7 months ago so that shouldn't be causing it. I'm just wondering would you bother seeing a doctor about it before ttc? Or wait and go if it takes a while to get pregnant? I have about 7 or 8 months before ttc now so plenty of time

Honestly, I would start charting your temps to see if you are ovulating. If you are ovulating then no big deal. But if you aren't or you find a weird pattern then I would talk with the doctor and then you would have good evidence to show him. Honestly, I doubt they would do much if you aren't ttc except put you on birth control.

Hi! I have irregular cycles too ranging from 32-58! (38 on average). I have been checked for pcos as i mentioned i want to ttc in january. I don't have pcos, my hormines are normal, so there doesn't seem to be a reason as to why they are long therefore not much my doctor can do for the minute, but it gave me peace of mind. Once i am ttc, i will probably go back if it takes me a while, but then i have endometriosis anyway so expect problems. You could always get a check up for peace of mind and see if there's any obvious reason for it? They will probably suggest the pill to help regulate them if you're not ttc but if you're anything like me then it won't help anyway! Depends how worried you are about it really! A check up never hurts though :)

Unfortunately I can't chart my temps to see if I am ovulating because I do shift work on a mix of days and nights. I might just wait and see what happens when we start ttc if they will probably just give me the pill. Not much point taking that for a few months then coming off it to get ready for ttc

We been trying since I got the IUD removed and nothing but irregular cycles that keep getting longer and long. Had that problem with trying to conceive my son. Got on the pill for 2 months and Bam got pregnant first cycle but chemical. Second cycle he stuck. I went to the doc today and he says either wait it out and see what happens or try the pill for two months and see how it goes. Fingers cross it works. I am desperate to have our next baby in Germany before we over back to the states. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->