Irregular cycles

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I had a ultrasound today for my irregular cycles and it was normal, bloods are normal yet i have the symptoms of PCOS.

My last 3 cycles were 90+ days 50+days and this one im spotting on cd 49

In hindsight they are getting shorter and i have been dieting, but i don't think i have once ovulated i have been having ovulation symptoms 3 weeks after cd EWCM, sore boobs, almost positive OPKS but never a period to follow until weeks later, i have been having unprotected sex since my little boy was born 16 months ago bar one month on the pill. I conceived first cycle off the pill which ended in a chemical then the 3rd cycle conceived my son but at the time i was 3 stone lighter than i am now which i know probably doesnt help but it cant all be purely down to weight can it?

I'm at a loss if i don't have PCOS why are my periods irregular the woman who did my ultrasound said some people are like that meaning irregular, which doesn't help at all. I have to see my Dr for a follow up but honestly think that will be all that comes of it. But i cant just let it rest there, there has to be something going on especially if im not ovulating.

I don't have any suggestions for you, sadly, but I'm currently in the same boat so I thought I would share my story. I've been pregnant three times since I had my son that all have ended in losses for unknown reasons, my most recent was a miscarriage back in July, and I'm now suffering from secondary infertility. I have not been able to become pregnant ever since because I've been having annovulatory cycles.

My opks have been stark white negative until I get my surge, then *almost* positive for like 24 hours, then they go back to stark white negative almost immediately. In normal cycles, the ones I became pregnant on, I always had some sort of a line on my opks at all times in my cycle. Now the LH is pretty much non-existent, which is why I don't think I've been ovulating at all. My periods have also been very messed up since then, not so much in length as in heaviness of bleeding and amount I bleed each cycle.

The symptoms of pelvic diseases are so similar it is really hard to tell the difference between them. I've also had numerous lab tests done, visited multiple doctors and had so many ultrasounds that I'm surprised my insurance is still paying for them. All have came back normal, minus some free floating fluid around my ovaries post ovulation, which they believed was just the corpus luteum (sp?) cyst rupturing. Sometimes I wish they'd find something... ANYTHING just so I had a reason as to why I can't become or keep pregnancies after having two children before, then we can be on our way to a treatment plan and healthy children in the future.

As to weight, I would ask your doctor about that. A lot of people gain weight after pregnancy and have a difficult time losing it but don't always develop PCOS. It is aggravating not knowing but I hope that my story helps you in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->