Irregular periods/ normal hormone levels

love3

Reaction score
Hi, I am a little confused because I have irregular periods 60-75 days long and have always had them. I finally went to the Dr. and had all my hormone levels checked(I mean alllll of them) and everything came back normal so I am confused as to what may be causing my irregular periods. I have tried Vitex, healthier eating habits and exercise and still no change. My husband and I are not really trying to have another child just yet but also have not been preventing it either for over a year. I am on cycle day 29 and also have had 3 days of positive opks ( was not even sure if I ovulated so got opks to see). Anyways has anyone had this issue or any advice????

My Dr. Tested my TSH,FSH, estradiol, progesterone, prolactin and a few other things?! I was really surprised it was all normal considering I have had irregular periods since the age of sixteen... I have gone eight months without a period before and the Dr. said I had lazy ovaries the lost my insurance before I could get a second opinion... Now I have insurance and got all the testing done. I am just curious on what could be causing my irregular periods :/

Do you know if he tested testosterone to rule out polycystic ovaries? It's where you skip periods because instead of the follicles in ovaries maturing they turn into cysts.

They'd also do an ultrasound to confirm.
Other symptoms are easily gains weight that's hard to shift, acne, painful irregular periods, excess body hair (but I don't get this) and occasional cramping / discomfort

I am not sure if he tested testosterone?? But I will find out, I am getting a copy of my test results just to make sure... Thanks for the info I am going to look into that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->