irritable uterus

TTC86JMS

Reaction score
Hi all,I was wondering if anyone has ever been told they hav irritable uterus.mine seem to have been irritable almost all through out(since I've had a bump).
As the end gets nearer I seem to worry about almost everything,I worry that my baby won't be born perfect :cry:.I don't know if I'm the only one,cos I don't jear other pregnant women say thaty they are worried their babies might be born with something wrong.

So I'm wondering,why my bump is always so irritable,sometimes it contracts so much and gets so hard I can make out baby's parts.I'm afraid that my bump is squeezing baby too much.
Please if you had this and had your baby ok let me know,I'm going insane.

i dont have any advice but didnt want to read a run im sure everything will be fine hun and its normal to worry about every little ting when pregnant sorry i couldnt be of more help though x

i have an irritable uterus, it has caused 3 premature deliveries to, one at 36, 35, and 33 weeks, but now i am at 38 and still holding strong have been 4 cm for 7 weeks now. all my babies despite when they were born were complety healthy and normal. some women just have it and you just have to deal, drink tons of water and keep your bladder empty. it should help some.

I have an irriatible uterus and delivered a perfectly normal baby boy last pregnancy at 40 + 6! I am now due on Saturday with another lil man! Uterine irritability is more of an annoyance than anything.

It did have an irritable uterus at 33 weeks with a previous pregnancy and it did result in prem labour at 34 weeks but all was well and baby thrived. I was a busy mum though and probably didn't rest as much as I should have done. I'd recommend you put your feet up as much as possible, eat and drink well and try not to worry, especially as your already 36 weeks along. Baby would be fine now. Oh, and if your uterus is especially irritable at any stage, it might be worth just elevating your hips to get baby out of the pelvis more. My mum had my two sisters at 36 weeks but kept me in until 40 wks by doing this every evening. :)

Although I do have to say I didn't even know when labor started. I went in for an induction and they said my contractions were coming every 2 min and I wasin labor. I think I just stopped keeping track:)

Although I do have to say I didn't even know when labor started. I went in for an induction and they said my contractions were coming every 2 min and I wasin labor. I think I just stopped keeping track:)

I was wondering about that,how WILL someone with irritable uterus kno when they are in labour,I've gotten so used to having constant contractions I wonder if I will know when its the real thing.

Thank you all for your reassurance,mine is more irritable at night and when I have a full bladder or if I've been active all day.

Luvmyfam.are you an NICU nurse?I'm a nurse in the NICU myself.
I think sometimes the complications u see makes u more worried about giving birth than necessary

you will know, the pain is more intense there is no denying when it is time

Luvmyfam.are you an NICU nurse?I'm a nurse in the NICU myself.
I think sometimes the complications u see makes u more worried about giving birth than necessary

I have irritable uterus too. I'm in hospital right now, hopping to keep babies in until Wednesday for my section.

I'm 36 now with twins so hasn't caused pre term labour for me.

so happy im not the only one! was told by midwife on wednesday that i also have this! been worried as have has BH from about 20 weeks then since 26 weeks get them all day every 10 mins sometimes more i cant bend wee or pretty much do anything without my whold stomach contracting now 31 weeks and there getting way more intense and now making me stop what im doing however i wouldnt say they cause pain just uncomfortable! also now getting lots of low pressure in pelvis! i do wonder if i will have 9 weeks to go or if all this is a sign i may be early! but anyone nice to not feel alone with the irritable uterus!:happydance:

I was told I had an irritable uterus a few months back. Its nothing really to worry about, its more of an annoyance now tbh. I do think I'm dialating as I'm feeling the same as I did with DD but at 35 weeks I'm not too worried.

I was told I had an irritable uterus and I had my LO at 36 weeks. shes perfectly healthy and happy.

I found my braxton hicks happened for hours and were very regular and really uncomfortable sometimes painful. They were worse after dtd, having a full bladder and when id been walking for too long.

When I went into labour at first I thought they were just braxton hicks again but now looking back I did think I had a feeling I was in labour but just didnt want to believe it.
You do just KNOW that your in labour when it happens though.

I have this too and have had it since 12 weeks. My midwife said if you're slim you're more likely to have it? Mine are every 3 mins sometimes! I've been the hospital twice and both times the midwives have said to not listen to the 'more than 4 an hour rule.' One said what's normal for you isn't normal for someone else, etc.
Mine are every 10 mins or so all day long really. Sometimes I have a good few hours and I wont have many and it feels nice! I get more if I drink too much water and irritate my bladder because every time I need a wee I get one. I also get them worse if i'm uncomfortable or have been sitting in the same position for too long. The main reason, however, is STRESS. If I start to get upset they get awful. I was upset about something yesterday and was crying which meant the whole evening and night I had them every 6 mins. I didn't call the hospital as they weren't painful or getting stronger or closer together.
I even made a list of all the times I had them last week and went to this midwife place we have in town and showed the midwife...she just said 'that's absolutely fine and just means your uterus is good at doing it's job.'
Also, I too can see the baby's shape when it happens...if he's all on one side it looks really freaky because it goes up one side like a slope then drops down at a 90 degree angle!
Saying all this, i'm still really worried i'm gonna go into premature labour x

I was told I have an irritable uterus when I went into hospital at 32 weeks with regular strong tightenings - I was given steroids just incase but nothing came of it in the end. Since then I have regularly had "episodes", dehydration, walking for too long, stress and upset and :sex: all set them off. Thankfully I have figured out if I go to sleep it will stop them but they can go on for hours nice and regular.

As this is my first I don't know how I will tell the difference between BH's and normal contractions, but I figure if I try to sleep and they carry on it must be the real thing! :haha: Irritable uterus doesn't neccessarily guarantee early labour, I was convinced and fretting 24/7 that I wouldn't make it to term but have done :thumbup:

I also have an irritable uterus. I was hospitalized because it turned into labor at 29w3d. I only got to 1cm which is good for now. I am on bedrest and nifedipine to control the contractions because my contractions are very consistant. When I got to the hospital they were 2 minutes apart and lasting about 40s each. I get to go off house arrest (what I am calling it now lol) in 29 days. Ill be 35 weeks and I can stop my meds at 36 weeks :) I had the steroids shots too when i was in the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->