Is 3 pounds a week possible??

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I need to lose quite a lot of weight and worked out if i lost 3 pound a week for 30 weeks i would be in a normal weight. 30 weeks time is the date we plan to start ttc (may 21st 2013)
so i wondered if people thought this was doable?? i know the recommended weight lose is 1/2 pounds a week but i dont think 3 pounds sounded that bad.

many thanks in advance :)

I've heard that 1-2 pounds is reasonable..but I think if you're overweight you can lose more and it's still considered healthy. I started watching what I ate last week and I lost five pounds (and I spin two to three times a week and/or play volleyball). I have about 30 pounds that I want to lose by the time I go back to work next summer...

3lbs is unsustainable for a prolonged period of time (and for the first few weeks, it will be realistic at your start of 248lbs but not much longer after). Sorry chicka, but just do the best you can do and be proud!

I'm not sure how it works, but I lost 6lbs in a week so it is possible.

Thing is you can't control the amount of weight you actually lose. You could eat the exact same for 3 weeks, 1st week lose the most at maybe 4lb, week 2 maybe just 2lb then week 3 could be 3lb. But over a long period of time your likely to fluctuate between 2/1lb losses mostly. At first you will lose a lot fast, but the loss will start to slow the more you lose.

I've got just under 4 stone to lose and last week was my first week on weightwatchers, I didn't lose a pound despite totally sticking to it :( xx

3lbs is unsustainable for a prolonged period of time (and for the first few weeks, it will be realistic at your start of 248lbs but not much longer after). Sorry chicka, but just do the best you can do and be proud!

This pretty much. You will lose quickly in the beginning but as you lose more your weight loss will taper off and you will have smaller losses. Also plateaus aren't uncommon at all (periods of time where you don't lose any weight, hover between the same few pounds before it starts to come off again).

I lost 105 prepregnancy and it took over a year and a half to do. I am currently trying to lose the pregnancy weight but am finding myself at a plateau. Hoping to break that soon and start losing again

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself and be proud of what weight you do lose. Like what some of the other PP have said you could lose quickly in the 1st weeks but be prepared for it to slow down to 1-2lbs a week. On the plus side if you lose weight slowly you are more likely to keep it off

Thanks all for your replies :flower:
I understand what you mean that it will be a bigger lost at first but will slow down, i lost 6 pounds in 1 week of trying not long ago.
All i can do is try my best to lose the weight i want as i really dont want to put my TTC date back because of my weight :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->