Is 36 weeks to soon!!

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
Ok so I'm 31 and a half weeks. I was thinking when I get to 36 - 36 and a half weeks I would like to try everything I can to help bring on labour. Eg.. Sex , epo, walking , sitting on yoga ball. I was brought on with my first due to being 11 days over and was brought on with my second at 37 weeks due to IUGR and I wasn't even 1cm dialate a or thinned out so I know I would of ended up going over due with her also. I would love to experience going into labour on my own. All opinions welcome

TIA xx

In my opinion yea it's too early... Baby isn't cooked til 37.

Saying that I've been regularly having sex and I walk like a few kms most days and I have a gym ball I sit on coz its comfier than our dinner chair atm..and I'm not even dialated a finger tip. Not doing it all on purpose but those things just make me more comfy... The epo thing freaks me out so I won't be trying that but I think 37 is when u should start...

It reli sunk in for me when my doc said any time under 37 weeks is prem and they won't deliver at my hospital I will have to go more into the city for it.
Not worth the risk of coming early IMO. But u know your body so whatever ur comfortable with go ahead

I doubt if I start at 36-36 1/2 weeks I would go into labour with a week is why I was thinking that stage. I'm deffinately not inserting epo tbh it freaks me out bein so close to my cervix. I would only be takin it orally.

Plenty of women go into labour naturally in the 36th week, I've worked on labour ward and never seen a baby not be fine or doctors at all concerned at 36 weeks. It dosnt matter what you do, they will come when they want, wether that be 36 or 42 ish. Or before in some cases of course. I don't think anything really works and if they are ready they are ready, each baby is different x

Suppose that's true ... They won't come unless they're ready :)

Unless there is a medical condition causing it of course. Saying that, I've seen a fair few born at like 32 weeks and only stayed overnight in SCBU! Crazy stuff! Yet my friends was over due but her baby was a low birth weight and was in there a week! No medical reason for it, just random. I think weight is the biggest factor in how well babies on any gestation do x

I would just like to
Try and Atleast help my cervix start dialating and softening. I didn't have sex with either of the other pregnancies so I'm
Hoping that this time ill have no trouble with dilation lol.

You can try but at the end of the day if your body isn't ready then, then baby wont come no matter what you try.

I started drinking a cup (1500mg) of RRL tea at 32 weeks for the same reason you stated. I was worried about going overdue. While I do believe that the baby comes when it is ready, I also feel like there is nothing wrong with toning the uterus and getting the body to dilate in a timely manner. At 35 weeks I was 1cm dilated, 1.5 at 36 weeks and 2cm at 37 weeks. My friend was only 2cm dilated on her due date and had to be induced, had a 36 hour labor and a pulmonary embolism after already being sent home. She did drink RRL tea, but started too late in my opinion (I think a week or two before her due date). I started sitting on an exercise ball at my computer desk in third trimester as well. I don't recall exactly when I started.
I've done research on EPO, and just don't feel like it is good/safe to take. I just stick to RRL tea, and it has been bringing on painless braxton hicks from the start, which may have helped to dilate me.
All this being said, I have yet to see when baby decides to come.

My was born at 35+5 and was fine.

If you really want ot get things moving,try reflexology - very powerful, just make sure the therapist is qualified in maternity reflexology. x

What's reflexology? I'm in Australia do they practice it here?

I drank RLT with my first pregnancy but I didn't start until I was 39 weeks. But I was 3cms dialate a when brought on and helped a lot with second stage of labour as she was in posterior position so was harder to push but it actually wasn't harder than my second and I tore less too. I'm going to buy some RLT tomorrow and start it at 32 weeks.

It's a complementary therapy which sees the different parts of the foot as a 'map' of all the parts and organs of the body. I've known 3 pregnant people have it as soon as they were 37 weeks with the intention of getting things moving, and each had their baby a few days thereafter. Conincidence - maybe, but from my experiences it's very powerful and has worked wonders for various issues over the years. If nothing else, it's the most relaxing treatment, even more so than body massages and indian head massage for me. x

https://www.aor.org.uk/home/what-is-reflexology

Sure, you might want a nice natural labour but what's best for your baby? That should always be at the forefront of your mind. What's best for your baby, not you? I just don't get it when people try to force their poor little things out early.

The stuff you've listed isn't harmful at all. Like others have said, baby won't come if not ready. Go ahead and do that stuff. I am! I want my body to be ready when the time comes, and when my baby gives my body the OK to get things going, it will hopefully be easier for my body to respond. :)

My daughter was born at 35+6, also completely healthy, though I didn't do anything to try to get her out at that time. I think sex, and nip stim work tbh.

I don't get it when people say what does your baby want and pretty much exactly what you just said when its OUR bodies that determine when we go into labour not the baby. It's all to do with OUR body when we go into labour not the baby. I'm sure babies don't choose to come out before 24 week v day or to late that they pass meconium. My body don't like going into labour it has to be drug induced labour. I would just like to give my cervix a helping hand in thinning out and dialating so my body does have a chance to go naturally into labour not with the help of synthetic drugs.

The stuff you've listed isn't harmful at all. Like others have said, baby won't come if not ready. Go ahead and do that stuff. I am! I want my body to be ready when the time comes, and when my baby gives my body the OK to get things going, it will hopefully be easier for my body to respond. :)

Same I would just like my body to be ready for it this time and hopefully not need synthetic drugs again.

After watching my son fight for his life and grow his wings after being born too early at 34 weeks, I won't be doing anything to bring on labour. I don't think you should interfere too much with it. But that's just my opinion.

What's EPO? I've heard a few people mention it, but have no idea what it is/does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->