Is 36 weeks to soon!!

After watching my son fight for his life and grow his wings after being born too early at 34 weeks, I won't be doing anything to bring on labour. I don't think you should interfere too much with it. But that's just my opinion.

I totally understand your point of view. If I was in your shoes I don't think I could either. But I know lo is measuring great and no problems with her fetal health. I'm not trying to get her out at 36 weeks I'm trying to get my body ready for it to go Into labour naturally not to have a pre term baby. 37 weeks is classed as full term here and I'm pretty sure a few days of doing what I listed isn't going to put me into labour straight away xx

What's EPO? I've heard a few people mention it, but have no idea what it is/does?

Evening primrose oil some people take it orally and some insert as close to cervix as possible. It helps thin out and dialate your cervix.

It is also supposed to help with better acting contraction during labour shortening the duration.

I wasn't referring to the baby knowing when it needs to come along. I'm just saying, let the poor thing be! Especially at such an early stage (I totally understand when people start trying what they can post 38 weeks, but starting all this at 36 weeks... urm, no.). How's it gonna benefit your baby trying to start the process early? All it benefits is you. I'd love to see my little one right now but, ya know, that's my selfish desire. She's better off staying in there for a little while longer!

I wasn't referring to the baby knowing when it needs to come along. I'm just saying, let the poor thing be! Especially at such an early stage (I totally understand when people start trying what they can post 38 weeks, but starting all this at 36 weeks... urm, no.). How's it gonna benefit your baby trying to start the process early? All it benefits is you. I'd love to see my little one right now but, ya know, that's my selfish desire. She's better off staying in there for a little while longer!

Ok so I highly doubt a few days of drinking RLT and epo along with sex and yoga ball will put me into labour. The only new things would be RLT and epo as I'm still having sex and sitting on my yoga ball daily lol

Ok so I highly doubt a few days of drinking RLT and epo along with sex and yoga ball will put me into labour. The only new things would be RLT and epo as I'm still having sex and sitting on my yoga ball daily lol

You're right, I'm being a bit OTT! Tbh, bit hormonal and crabby today (crappy consultancy appointment y'day and now feeling ill) and someone just told me off for being stroppy in the office, so sorry for coming across as a bit gun-ho. I re-read my posts and realised I sounded like an old matron ;-)

Can you do yoga and sex all at the same time with RLT and EPO as well...? Ha ha!

What's EPO? I've heard a few people mention it, but have no idea what it is/does?

Evening primrose oil some people take it orally and some insert as close to cervix as possible. It helps thin out and dialate your cervix.

Thanks! I asked Hubbie if he knew what it was and he thought it was a steroid drug that cyclists have been known to abuse... I thought that couldn't be right! But yes, Evening Primrose Oil. That makes more sense :)

I'm 36+ with #3 and desperately holding my legs closed for (fingers crossed) at least 2 weeks! My #2 was born at 37 weeks on the nose. She was 22 inches long and only weighed 6 lbs 12 ozs. There wasn't an ounce of fat on her. She was fine, high apgar, breathed well, nursed like a pro. But our first 4 weeks were horrible. She startled at the drop of a hat and her response was really exaggerated. she got worked up really easily and took forever to calm. I spent many, many a 3am on the couch with her crying while she screamed. The pediatrician said that sort of 'under-development' in neuropathways is seen often in babies born at 37 weeks. For that, I am resting with my legs tightly crossed trying to hold my fully engaged 36 weeker in so that it won't come for at least a couple of weeks.

You're right, I'm being a bit OTT! Tbh, bit hormonal and crabby today (crappy consultancy appointment y'day and now feeling ill) and someone just told me off for being stroppy in the office, so sorry for coming across as a bit gun-ho. I re-read my posts and realised I sounded like an old matron ;-)

Can you do yoga and sex all at the same time with RLT and EPO as well...? Ha ha!

Not ott at all Hun everyone has their own opinions and with my baby brain I may have came across as I wanted her out at 36 weeks lol. I thought about doggy on the yoga ball the other day tbh as DF got excited when I was leaning on it on all 4s lol. I honestly don't want her here before she's ready. I would just like to try and ripen my cervix cause with my second daughter I have to have a ballon inserted for 24 hours to dialate me and it was absolutely horrible. It was worse than giving birth tbh.

I'm 36+ with #3 and desperately holding my legs closed for (fingers crossed) at least 2 weeks! My #2 was born at 37 weeks on the nose. She was 22 inches long and only weighed 6 lbs 12 ozs. There wasn't an ounce of fat on her. She was fine, high apgar, breathed well, nursed like a pro. But our first 4 weeks were horrible. She startled at the drop of a hat and her response was really exaggerated. she got worked up really easily and took forever to calm. I spent many, many a 3am on the couch with her crying while she screamed. The pediatrician said that sort of 'under-development' in neuropathways is seen often in babies born at 37 weeks. For that, I am resting with my legs tightly crossed trying to hold my fully engaged 36 weeker in so that it won't come for at least a couple of weeks.

My second daughter was born at 37 weeks brought on due to IUGR. She stopped growing and developing at 36 weeks due to the placenta failing. She was 6lb 1oz and I had no trouble with her. She was colicy so cried more than my first but that's about it. I highly think all babies are different and maybe if your lo was full term she may have still been like it. My 41 + 4 was the best baby ever and my friends 39+3 was like your lo and still is at 7 years old.

My second daughter was born at 37 weeks brought on due to IUGR. She stopped growing and developing at 36 weeks due to the placenta failing. She was 6lb 1oz and I had no trouble with her. She was colicy so cried more than my first but that's about it. I highly think all babies are different and maybe if your lo was full term she may have still been like it. My 41 + 4 was the best baby ever and my friends 39+3 was like your lo and still is at 7 years old.

I think about that often, whether my #2 might have just been like that. We didn't IUGR, my water simply broke on it's own. My 1st born at 42+5 was the most amazing baby I have ever met. When she was 6 weeks old I took her to my GP as she had not yet cried (except when she was born). As it turns out, she was fine, just happy. Thinking a lot about how she may just have been easily stimulated and tending that way by personality, I have still decided that just in case the cause was a slightly early birth, I still plan to hold my knees together in the hopes that my sleepless nights are just a little less sleepless! Whatever you decide, I hope everything works out super well for you, and in the end, I don't think baby will come until baby is ready!:shrug:

I think about that often, whether my #2 might have just been like that. We didn't IUGR, my water simply broke on it's own. My 1st born at 42+5 was the most amazing baby I have ever met. When she was 6 weeks old I took her to my GP as she had not yet cried (except when she was born). As it turns out, she was fine, just happy. Thinking a lot about how she may just have been easily stimulated and tending that way by personality, I have still decided that just in case the cause was a slightly early birth, I still plan to hold my knees together in the hopes that my sleepless nights are just a little less sleepless! Whatever you decide, I hope everything works out super well for you, and in the end, I don't think baby will come until baby is ready!:shrug:

Lmao
Tbh I actually did the same thing with my first I went and got her ears tested and everything cause she never cried. Not even when hungry lol

And I really think in my instance first babies tend I be more content because we are during pregnancy. Then second pregnancy we have a toddler to run around after which does occasionally cause stress. And we can't just relax most of the time like you can being your first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->