Is 8/9 DPO too soon?

Shannen

Pregnant with My First
Reaction score
Im sooo anxious now i have 2 FRPTs and I am sooo wanting to open it! But im scared i may be too early and get disappointed. I told myself that the hcg will not be detectable until about 1 day before AF is due. BUT ITS SOO HARD! TALK ME OUT OF IT GIRLS PLEASE!!!!!:juggle:

It really depends on when implantation took place. It usually takes three or so days after implantation to get a positive on a test. FRERs are pretty sensitive, but HCG won't release until implantation, and it takes a while to reach discernible levels. That being said, levels may not be high enough even a day before AF. It really depends on each woman and each pregnancy.

Short answer, though, yes. 8/9 dpo is often too early. I would save the tests. :)

It really depends on when implantation took place. It usually takes three or so days after implantation to get a positive on a test. FRERs are pretty sensitive, but HCG won't release until implantation, and it takes a while to reach discernible levels. That being said, levels may not be high enough even a day before AF. It really depends on each woman and each pregnancy.

Short answer, though, yes. 8/9 dpo is often too early. I would save the tests. :)

Will do! is it ok to take on every 3 days?

Will do! is it ok to take on every 3 days?

Sure! That's actually what a lot of people suggest. This is so that if you get a false negative, you might give your body enough time to build up enough HCG before testing again. It's important to note that this doesn't always mean you won't get more false negatives, though. Some women can take up to a few weeks after their missed AF to get a positive test.
I'm a bit of a POAS-aholic, so I don't always follow that advice like I should. :haha:

:test: Something told me to test so i did and guess what a super faint line at 4 dpo on a frer with pm urine :thumbup: Trust your instincts hun:hugs:

:test: Something told me to test so i did and guess what a super faint line at 4 dpo on a frer with pm urine :thumbup: Trust your instincts hun:hugs:

Are you sure you were 4 dpo? I ask this because it's almost medically impossible to get a positive that early. The egg could not have traveled and implanted in four days time. You could ovulated earlier than you thought, which is why you got your positive when you tested.

Ya im pretty sure but not completly positive , Anyways i found what is going on its a faulty batch with disapearing positives again :growlmad: Wont be using Frer anymore

Sorry, know I'm not supposed to be in 2WW forum, but an egg can implant at 4DPO...it depends on the woman and her body. If you have an early implant like that you might get a faint positive between 7 - 9DPO, knowing that it takes HCG up to three days or more to get into the urine stream. All these ladies who test at 8 or 9DPO and get faint positives, probably had earlier implants.

Sorry for adding my two cents, now I'll get my ass out of your thread LOL.

Sorry, know I'm not supposed to be in 2WW forum, but an egg can implant at 4DPO...it depends on the woman and her body. If you have an early implant like that you might get a faint positive between 7 - 9DPO, knowing that it takes HCG up to three days or more to get into the urine stream. All these ladies who test at 8 or 9DPO and get faint positives, probably had earlier implants.

Sorry for adding my two cents, now I'll get my ass out of your thread LOL.

Haha. I'm actually not in the TWW either :blush: but dabbling in threads is keeping me from going crazy while waiting!

I should also correct myself. I have heard of implantation occurring as early as 4 dpo. It's rare but can happen :)

And sorry to hear about the bad batch of tests, Ruskiegirl. I have had a few problems with FRERs myself. But it's still way early so you are definitely still in the running!

i will be 12 dpo when i test will that be enough for an accurate reading.... its just if its bfn i will drink

i will be 12 dpo when i test will that be enough for an accurate reading.... its just if its bfn i will drink

LOL...um...I would wait till AF actually shows, before assuming you're not prego...than drink away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->