is a 24 day cycle to short to conceive? worried

Nov11_Mummy2b

Poppy-Mae's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I am currently on day 24 and I have just got my AF 4 days early. I am waiting on an appointment for the fertility clinic as I have had 3 consecutive miscarriages and a miscarriage before my daughter.
Noticed that my cycles seem to becoming shorter and shorter but have never been this short.
I ovulated on day 12-15 as I did opks with very strong positive results
So worried that there maybe another problem that may be stopping me from conceiving. Anyone else had anything similar?
Thanks in advance
Xx

You may have a short luteal phase? if ovulation occurred on cd15 it would make it 9 days which is rather short a normal luteal phase is 14 days (mine is typically 12) I suggest you purchase a bbt thermometer and chart your temperature along with the opks ;) x

I've always had 24-25 day cycles, and have conceived twice. I usually ovulate between cd 7 and 10. If you have consistently short cycles, but aren't ovulating until cd 12-15 then your luteal phase may very well be too short. If that is the case then your doctor should be able to help you get your cycle lengthened out a bit.

You can still conceive with a short LP the only worry is if your LP is too short for implantation to complete before AF is due. you may need a progesterone supplement to help sustain the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->