is a year OK to start TTC after having a c section?

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I've also posted this in the c section section of this site.
Basically as the title says.
We was saying we were going to TTC in January 2016 but we might TTC as early as September this year when our baby turns 1.
So is a year ok to start TTC after a elective c section? I wasn't told a timescale to my knowledge.
I have a big age gap between my 1st and 2nd of 9 years 2 months and I wanted a smaller age gap this time.

I had my section in January 12 and was pregnant May 13 and had my second section in December 13

I had my section in January 12 and was pregnant May 13 and had my second section in December 13

Did you find you had any problems? And was you given advice at all after your first section how long to wait to have another?

I had my twins prem but it's normal for twins anyway. I had no problems and I was up and walking after an hour of having them. They cut through the same scar and it seemed to heal quicker. Only problem I have found is my stomach is numb. I can't feel it which is strange. They told me to wait 2 years before getting pregnant again... We are thinking about ttc again now x

I had my twins prem but it's normal for twins anyway. I had no problems and I was up and walking after an hour of having them. They cut through the same scar and it seemed to heal quicker. Only problem I have found is my stomach is numb. I can't feel it which is strange. They told me to wait 2 years before getting pregnant again... We are thinking about ttc again now x

Wow only 1 hour, I wasn't allowed to get up for 24 hours after.
Wasn't you told after your first section though? I see you had your twins last.

They wouldn't let me walk after having my daughter but they weren't stopping me with my boys. Yea they told me after having my daughter but we started ttc when she was 10 months but I was bfing so it took 5 months after finishing bfing to get pregnant with my boys.

They wouldn't let me walk after having my daughter but they weren't stopping me with my boys. Yea they told me after having my daughter but we started ttc when she was 10 months but I was bfing so it took 5 months after finishing bfing to get pregnant with my boys.

How long was you told to wait after your daughter?
I hope I'm up quicker with my next like you were.

I have 3 children and had 1 section, which my youngest.
I was in recovery for 11 hours after my section due to blood loss and having a bad reaction to the spinal.

we plan to try for our 4th and last in autumn.

My doctor recommended 18 months because I plan to have a VBAC with my second.

I've seen the research, there is only a small amount of difference in the uterine scar failure rate between VBACs less than 18 months and greater than 18 months. I did get pregnant (unexpectedly) just over 1 year after my section, but sadly it ended in a MC.

I've seen the research, there is only a small amount of difference in the uterine scar failure rate between VBACs less than 18 months and greater than 18 months. I did get pregnant (unexpectedly) just over 1 year after my section, but sadly it ended in a MC.

If you don't mind me asking, was mc due to your previous c section?

If you don't mind me asking, was mc due to your previous c section?

No idea, it was an early MC, chemical.

I was in recovery for 11 hours after my section due to blood loss and having a bad reaction to the spinal.

How old is your youngest?

Sorry about your miscarriage :(
I plan to have another c section because after my horrible experience with my first vaginal birth the c section was so much easier for me.
Did they tell you it was a shorter time to wait if you were planning on another c section?

My Youngest is 2 Years 7months.

I see you said you had a bad reaction to the spinal, what happened if you don't mind me asking? The spinal didn't work for me, I could still feel when I had it so they had to put me to sleep.

I see you said you had a bad reaction to the spinal, what happened if you don't mind me asking? The spinal didn't work for me, I could still feel when I had it so they had to put me to sleep.

It made me very sick. from when i had it i felt very nauseous.
after i came out of theatre i kept throwing up, i wasn't allowed to eat anything for many hours. i had to keep handing my son back to my husband to throw up that must have went on for abour 8-9 hours after the section.

i was very ill after mine i lost more blood than i should have and with the sickness i felt very weak, lightheaded and dizzy. x

I plan to have another c section because after my horrible experience with my first vaginal birth the c section was so much easier for me.
Did they tell you it was a shorter time to wait if you were planning on another c section?

No, my doctor knew I was planning a homebirth with DS before all happened, he knew I was deadset on a vaginal birth if at all possible after. I think if he mentioned a repeat section immediately in recovery, I might have cried, or worse! LOL

after i came out of theatre i kept throwing up, i wasn't allowed to eat anything for many hours. i had to keep handing my son back to my husband to throw up that must have went on for abour 8-9 hours after the section.

i was very ill after mine i lost more blood than i should have and with the sickness i felt very weak, lightheaded and dizzy. x

Have you ever had any other operations before? Why I ask is because I've had 3 operations before my c section and I've always been violently sick so this was explained before c section and they gave me loads of anti sickness injections/meds so this stopped me being sick even though I felt sick.

No, my doctor knew I was planning a homebirth with DS before all happened, he knew I was deadset on a vaginal birth if at all possible after. I think if he mentioned a repeat section immediately in recovery, I might have cried, or worse! LOL

I hope do get your vbac next time :) when do you plan on TTC again?

Have you ever had any other operations before? Why I ask is because I've had 3 operations before my c section and I've always been violently sick so this was explained before c section and they gave me loads of anti sickness injections/meds so this stopped me being sick even though I felt sick.

No that was my first ever op. they did give me anti sickness meds during section but never worked. i worry about it happening again next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->