is a year OK to start TTC after having a c section?

My doctor recommended 18 months because I plan to have a VBAC with my second.

I've seen the research, there is only a small amount of difference in the uterine scar failure rate between VBACs less than 18 months and greater than 18 months. I did get pregnant (unexpectedly) just over 1 year after my section, but sadly it ended in a MC.

Sorry about your miscarriage :(
I plan to have another c section because after my horrible experience with my first vaginal birth the c section was so much easier for me.
Did they tell you it was a shorter time to wait if you were planning on another c section?

No, my doctor knew I was planning a homebirth with DS before all happened, he knew I was deadset on a vaginal birth if at all possible after. I think if he mentioned a repeat section immediately in recovery, I might have cried, or worse! LOL

I hope do get your vbac next time :) when do you plan on TTC again?

I am 19w now...probably 18-24m, for child spacing/breastfeeding.

I have 3 children and had 1 section, which my youngest.
I was in recovery for 11 hours after my section due to blood loss and having a bad reaction to the spinal.

we plan to try for our 4th and last in autumn.

How old is your youngest?

My Youngest is 2 Years 7months.

I see you said you had a bad reaction to the spinal, what happened if you don't mind me asking? The spinal didn't work for me, I could still feel when I had it so they had to put me to sleep.

It made me very sick. from when i had it i felt very nauseous.
after i came out of theatre i kept throwing up, i wasn't allowed to eat anything for many hours. i had to keep handing my son back to my husband to throw up that must have went on for abour 8-9 hours after the section.

i was very ill after mine i lost more blood than i should have and with the sickness i felt very weak, lightheaded and dizzy. x

Have you ever had any other operations before? Why I ask is because I've had 3 operations before my c section and I've always been violently sick so this was explained before c section and they gave me loads of anti sickness injections/meds so this stopped me being sick even though I felt sick.

No that was my first ever op. they did give me anti sickness meds during section but never worked. i worry about it happening again next time.

Yeah they give everyone 1 dose I think so you would have to say next time if there is a next time that how bad you were they will give you loads if you say. I was so surprised that I wasnt sick like I have been so much with other operations.

I was in recovery for 11 hours after my section due to blood loss and having a bad reaction to the spinal.

I see you said you had a bad reaction to the spinal, what happened if you don't mind me asking? The spinal didn't work for me, I could still feel when I had it so they had to put me to sleep.

after i came out of theatre i kept throwing up, i wasn't allowed to eat anything for many hours. i had to keep handing my son back to my husband to throw up that must have went on for abour 8-9 hours after the section.

i was very ill after mine i lost more blood than i should have and with the sickness i felt very weak, lightheaded and dizzy. x

Have you ever had any other operations before? Why I ask is because I've had 3 operations before my c section and I've always been violently sick so this was explained before c section and they gave me loads of anti sickness injections/meds so this stopped me being sick even though I felt sick.

No that was my first ever op. they did give me anti sickness meds during section but never worked. i worry about it happening again next time.

Yeah they give everyone 1 dose I think so you would have to say next time if there is a next time that how bad you were they will give you loads if you say. I was so surprised that I wasnt sick like I have been so much with other operations.

There will be a next time :happydance: Lol.

I was sick all through my pregnancy, but didn't expect to be so sick after.

when are you ttc?

My doctor recommended 18 months because I plan to have a VBAC with my second.

I've seen the research, there is only a small amount of difference in the uterine scar failure rate between VBACs less than 18 months and greater than 18 months. I did get pregnant (unexpectedly) just over 1 year after my section, but sadly it ended in a MC.

Sorry about your miscarriage :(
I plan to have another c section because after my horrible experience with my first vaginal birth the c section was so much easier for me.
Did they tell you it was a shorter time to wait if you were planning on another c section?

No, my doctor knew I was planning a homebirth with DS before all happened, he knew I was deadset on a vaginal birth if at all possible after. I think if he mentioned a repeat section immediately in recovery, I might have cried, or worse! LOL

I hope do get your vbac next time :) when do you plan on TTC again?

I am 19w now...probably 18-24m, for child spacing/breastfeeding.

Oh sorry I didn't notice you was already pregnant, congratulations :)

when are you ttc?

I was lucky with my last pregnancy I wasn't sick like I was a lot with my first.

I'll be TTC September the earliest when baby turns 1 but depending on my weight loss the latest hopefully next January.

when are you ttc?

I was lucky with my last pregnancy I wasn't sick like I was a lot with my first.

I'll be TTC September the earliest when baby turns 1 but depending on my weight loss the latest hopefully next January.

I was sick with all mine, but my third was horrendously bad.

We are going to ttc august/September time.

when are you ttc?

I thought I was having a boy because the pregnancies was so different but no a girl :)

If I do start TTC in September then maybe we will get pregnant around the same time.
How many children do you plan to have?

when are you ttc?

I thought I was having a boy because the pregnancies was so different but no a girl :)

If I do start TTC in September then maybe we will get pregnant around the same time.

all my pregnancies have been so different lol.

yeah we could :) we have 3 atm and we plan to have 4. so this would be our last, you? x

when are you ttc?

all my pregnancies have been so different lol.

yeah we could :) we have 3 atm and we plan to have 4. so this would be our last, you? x

We have 2 and the next will be our last.

Can I ask did you do anything differently when conceiving from your girls to your boy? I've been looking into it and asking people, a lot say they DTD at ovulation to conceive their boy and some say they ate food that recon that is a boy sway diet. Do you believe in any of it?

Tbh I don't, as it is the sperm that determines the sex of the baby.

For us we didn't do anything any differently, we dtd once the months we fell pregnant with the girls and a few times the week of ovulation with our son.

Maybe your more likely if you dtd on ovulation? x

For us we didn't do anything any differently, we dtd once the months we fell pregnant with the girls and a few times the week of ovulation with our son.

That's what I'm thinking going to try for a few months DTD on ovulation, its so contradictive though I'm not sure what to believe.
Did your diet change at all when you conceived your boy?

That's what I'm thinking going to try for a few months DTD on ovulation, its so contradictive though I'm not sure what to believe.
Did your diet change at all when you conceived your boy?

Nope x

Sorry I didn't reply. We didn't get told first time how long to wait. My second section I felt everything aswell my spinal didn't work. I had mine on gas and air because I refused to be put to sleep. Was an awful experience but I won't let it put me off. I'd love another set of twins x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->