Is anybody a lawyer?

So he well and truly fucked himself today.
Basically he doesn't believe the man who came to fix the boiler did a thing. Which he did but he told the landlord it needs a new boiler and he won't pay for that.

So i was leaving the house a few hours ago with the kids and the landlord pulled up, demanded access, i said no, it was a bad time and i needed 24 hours notice of him and because the pram was halfway out the door he forced his way past me, Evelyn and the pram...

The boilers broken down, again. I was in a complete panic, all this stress is pulling me back into my anxiety i thought i had under control. He left, then i had too go get nappies, but i kept checking whilst i was waiting for the bus, and he was stood outside the house, with the arseholes next door, who constantly cover the drive so, now i get why they do that!

The quicker you're out of there the better. Is everything set up for your move now?

If it were me, I'd be considering taking the landlord to court for compensation for what he's put you through.

We sign the new house and pay the deposit Friday, we've paid the fees and holding money and first months rent :)

Were pretty much packed except for what we use this week and basically ready to roll on Saturday morning.

Do you think Sue?

Yes, honestly, take him to small claims court for disrepair and claim compensation for your inconvenience. It's not too expensive to go to small claims and you can argue that you've felt forced to move to provide a satisfactory home for your children with hot water and heating after numerous attempts to get your landlord to sort things.

You've already said you've got all the evidence so honestly, I'd wipe the floor with him.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/repairs_and_bad_conditions/repairs_in_private_lets/court_action_to_get_repairs_done

I'd also withhold any rent you currently owe too (if you do).

Thanks chick. I'll talk to OH about it later xx

Be very careful about witholding rent. As soon as you do that you are no longer protected so if he took you to court for leaving early your much less likely to win.

The only real danger is putting yourself at risk of eviction, tenant is already leaving.

I've withheld in the past, and won a damages court battle all due to disrepair.

We don't owe anything atm, we are paid up until the 28th and we have told him we are going but hes not accepting it :|

So when we leave on the 28th and don't pay the rent for the next month i assume he'll finally realise. Going to leave the keys and a letter with the agent on that day to inform them and send him a letter.

Because he literally forced his way in, pushing past me, the pram and Evelyn as i said no, i was advised to dial 101 and log it? Which i have. At this point, he can take me to court all he likes, hes made so many breaches on his side, i literally would love to see him try to defend them all.

Boiler is screwed again and the repair man can't get here for 3 days apparently. No heat or hot water then!

Hes such a dick. I'm so stressed with it all i just want to burst into tears every 5 minutes.

Omg hun what an area! I'm glad you logged a complaint with the police that's bloody disgusting!

Does he know your moving Saturday just thinking he might try pull something to stop you or just plainly get in the way of he does xx

He doesn't know its Saturday, he will obviously know its some point between now and the 28th but, if hes pally pally next door, i'm assuming they will phone him. So i'm kind of expecting a confrontation on Saturday but, i refuse to rise to it.

Definitely don't rise to it, you've done everything you need to. And if he comes over and threatens you, dial 101 again. In fact, I'd be inclined to ring your local officer in the morning and just inform him that your moving and are scared about a confrontation. If they're free, you never know they might come down.

Definitely don't rise to it, you've done everything you need to. And if he comes over and threatens you, dial 101 again. In fact, I'd be inclined to ring your local officer in the morning and just inform him that your moving and are scared about a confrontation. If they're free, you never know they might come down.

Aaah Sue you are so fab! Would never of thought of that! Thankyou xx

Do you have a camcorder? If not try and borrow one, to do a walk through video of any damage etc when you leave x

Wow, sounds like things have really gone from bad to worse. As PP said, there is no way you would lose if he tried to take you to court for breach of contract. And there is definitely a chance you would do well if you took him to court. It is a cheap and fairly easy process, as long as you ask for a reasonable amount and explain clearly why you deserve it, you've got a really good shot.

As several people have said- and I know you've already done it- just document everything. Pictures, videos, notes, the works. In my experience the judges see hundreds of cases and get really fed up with people who don't have their wits about them, be prepared and concise and they'll be on your side!

Good luck with the move, hope you don't get any hassle.

Do you have a camcorder? If not try and borrow one, to do a walk through video of any damage etc when you leave x

Thats my plan to do on the last day, luckily there's no damage :)

Wow, sounds like things have really gone from bad to worse. As PP said, there is no way you would lose if he tried to take you to court for breach of contract. And there is definitely a chance you would do well if you took him to court. It is a cheap and fairly easy process, as long as you ask for a reasonable amount and explain clearly why you deserve it, you've got a really good shot.

As several people have said- and I know you've already done it- just document everything. Pictures, videos, notes, the works. In my experience the judges see hundreds of cases and get really fed up with people who don't have their wits about them, be prepared and concise and they'll be on your side!

Good luck with the move, hope you don't get any hassle.

I've got absolutely everything logged :) you've been brill thankyou so much!! xxx

Soo next door are currently blazing music so loudly i can feel it vibrating through my house. I really seriously am counting the hours at this point!!

It's not long :hugs: no more music, drive blocking, inconsiderate twatty landlord.

I'd still phone the police if it goes on past 11, coz I'm a bitch :lol:

hey hun how did it go today?! I hope it went without any problems! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"