Is anybody else on a mini pill? Please help me dissect this.

dakotadawn

Reaction score
I can't decide if I like it or not, and I can't seem to find ANYBODY else on one.

I was on it for 11 months. I just switched to the regular pill. I didn't have any issues with it other than I had to keep changing the time I took it because my schedule kept changing and I wouldn't remember to take it.. whoops. I did have spotting between menstrual cycles but I only recently got that back as well and they were really light on the mini.

I stopped taking mine on Thursday last week after being on it for over 3 years. What are you not liking dakotadawn?

Yes, previously took it for 5 years, then had an implant which didnt agree so ive been back on the mini pill for 7 months now

Sorry for the delay in response! I've been out.

Well I started taking it about 7 weeks ago because I have endometriosis, PCOS, and menorrhagia so my doctor thought it might help. Sinc eI started it, I've been bleeding for 5 of the 7 weeks I've been on it. I have since gotten a cyst on my right side again (that is a normal thing for me anyway, but this pill apparently makes you even more susceptible to cysts which doesnt help me at all). Pain wise I'm a bit better. I'd say like 75% better than when I'm not on it as far as the endo goes.

I don't know about it. The bleeding is really frustrating, the pain is still there especially during sex, and now I have another cyst. I've gained about 10 pounds sinc eI started taking it, and my face is also breaking out.

I am actually going back on this tonight. For me however it usually stops my periods completely so that's a bonus for me.

I'm not sure, if it were me though I wouldn't be happy with that

I find with people I know who are on it you either bleed constantly or not at all.
I don't bleed at all on it so its a bonus, if I did I would probably not take it!

It took me a good 4-6 months to become regular on the mini pill... I bled on and off for weeks, then my periods stopped totally after about 6 months which I thought was great!
I'm overweight so didn't notice a difference regarding that, did get a few more spots, but it overall suited me.... However, iv just fallen pregnant whilst on it and also have pcos!
H xx

It took me a good 4-6 months to become regular on the mini pill... I bled on and off for weeks, then my periods stopped totally after about 6 months which I thought was great!
I'm overweight so didn't notice a difference regarding that, did get a few more spots, but it overall suited me.... However, iv just fallen pregnant whilst on it and also have pcos!
H xx

oh gosh really!
i forgot to take mine for 3 days after our wedding and a bit worried I may have fallen pregnant, haven't taken a test yet!

I've been on the mini pill for 20months, I bled a bit in the beginning but now unless I forget a pill, I don't bleed.

When I first went on it I didn't gain weight but I struggled to lose my babyweight.

I'm told if you don't take it at the exact time everyday you can fall pregnant if you take it too late.

I went on it due to breastfeeding, R has stopped now but I thought i'd stay on it as it will be easier to come off when ttc hopefully at the end of this year

I went on it at 18 (25 now), due to severe migraines making the normal pills not suitable for me. I had absolutely no bleed for about 2 years. I then came off it for a few weeks. When i went back on, it never re-regulated again. So over time my bleeds got more and more unpredictable, as did my hormones around the time of my cycle.cramps/pain during sex/etc... I could have no bleed for 2 months, and then bleed for almost a month constantly. It was a nightmare.

Coupled with my migraines and my CFS, I made the decision to come off it for good in May, and only just feel my body is starting to balance out. Not keen on implants/hormonal forms of contraception, so made the decision to just use condoms between now and when we are planning to TTC in late 2016.

I stopped taking it almost three days ago and haven't started spotting at all yet. Why was I constantly bleeding on it, and now that I'm off of it I'm not bleeding at all?! Isn't this the opposite of what is supposed to happen?

This is my calender. I started taking it on July 6th. Should I have actually started another period yesterday since it technically was my usual time, orrr....? I came off the pill 3 days ago and haven't had any sign of spotting yet

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-56.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-53.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
I started a bleed randomly 3 days ago!
I did carry on taking it after i realised i forgot 3, my body is probably confused!!

I still haven't started bleeding. I've been of of it for a week now. I hace no idea what my body is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->