is anyone else doing this?

annie23

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

My OH and I have set a date for next Feb, which gives me 10.5 months to get my body in to the best baby bearing state I can.

Has anyone else got any health goals pre ttc or am I being a bit excessive?

I'm running, and refining my diet while I'm within the healthy range I am a little in the heavy/high body fat percentage side.

Plus I would still love to be able to exercise while pregnant if possible, I'm not very good at sitting still!

Absolutely not excessive! I wouldn't say I have "pre-ttcing" goals, but just life goals in general. I also want my body in tip-top shape when TTC, and I hope to be able to continue to run & exercise during pregnancy as well.

Good luck!

Seems very sensible to me. We decided to TTC in April at the end of Feb, so didn't really give me much time. In that time, though, I've really been watching my diet, and I've taken up running and I'm working towards running 5k. Obviously, I'm on the pre-conception vitamins as well, and we've knocked caffeine and alcohol on the head.

I'm annoyed with myself that I'm not in better shape now, but I don't want to put off TTC. I don't want my baby to be young in the school year, so if we've not conceived by July then we'll be putting it off until next year. If that happens then I'd definitely be the same as you are now and getting myself into the best condition possible.

Good luck - might make the time go quicker having fitness goals etc. to aim towards rather than just counting down to TTC which could drive you batty!! :)

Oh good! I'm glad Im not being too neurotic about the whole thing.

I must admit it is driving me a little batty already! I'm trying to distract myself with housework and exercise.

Hi Annie. I'm the same as you. Wtt in early 2015, just started running and trying to get healthier. Have you stopped your birth control yet?

Hey, we are planning to start TTC December of this year. My BMI is in the obese range, so I am trying to get that down. I am seeing an endocrinologist tomorrow finally to get this figured out, since I eat way under what I should be eating. Hopefully this gets figured out and I can get healthy. I was looking up some research, and it says that at a BMI of 30 and below, risk wise it is safe to get pregnant. So that it what I am working towards. Thankfully though, it only gets super risky at a BMI above 40, so if we were to get pregnant now (fluke), we'd be fine.

Research is saying now that pre-pregnancy diet is just as, if not more important than pregnancy diet, so I would definitely say that for all of us on this site, physical health is a priority.

So no, not neurotic at all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->