Is Anyone Else Feeling Really Unprepared!!

x-TyMa-x

Proud Mummy Of 2 xx
Reaction score
I am feeling really unprepared for our babies arrival, I know i still have plenty time left but i still feel like i need to get a move on with buying stuff.
Ive been reading thorugh some of the other threads and some of you ladies are soooo organised.......send me your motivation!!!

All we have so far is :

Pram
Carseat
Moses basket & stand
Steriliser
Bottles
Bottle Warmer
Few Bibs
Bath Support

Thats all......... Arghh i just feel so unorganised :nope:

ive got near enuff everything lol. you still have lots of time hun so dont worry :) the major things like the cot, moses, baby monitor im still waiting for from my family but we have all of Miles 0-3 month clothes and his nursery is half done. Still need to get blankets and bits and bobs.

Oh yes oops i also have the cot as my son is currently using it as a cot bed, but he has a brand new single bed thats ready to be put up, once thats done then i will have the cot for the baby x

Absolutely! All we have is a new moses basket matress and all of Grace's stuff. The purchase that is worrying me the most is the double buggy... I'm still considering the Baby Jogger City Select and know I'm going to have to make up my mind pretty sharpish as these things can take ages to arrive and it would be awful to be without any way of transporting a newborn and LO (who incidentally still cannot stand even with support, let alone walk!) aaaggh!

You've got more than I have! We have a few vests, a couple of bottles and a steriliser. That's literally it!

i dont think ur doing bad at all u seem to have alot of the 'big' things! ive nearly go everything now but that just cos i cant stop lol ur having a girly yea? once u start u cant stop lol i was really freaked out about buying girls things when i first found out even tho i wanted a girl :wacko: haha just cos i was so used to buying for a boy i think but now ive nearly done it all. i wouldnt worrie tho ur doing well and have a while yet before the panic kicks in lol xx

I have absolutely nothing. Zilch. Zip. Nada. :(

Am 19 weeks tomorrow and can't buy anything until mum and dad have moved all their furniture out of our house (they just moved and were redecorating).

I want to get ON with it!!!

I've only got clothes mostly so far, don't want to buy anything big til after my 20 week scan. I'm not worrying about it as I have plenty of time left to get everything

Yehh i think its crazy buying for a girl after being so used to buying for a boy!
I am still a bit worried about buying girly stuff incase she is actually a he :haha: Worries me lol

ive got nothing at all ready for baby. Me and my OH have recently moved into a house together and we have a room for the baby but its currently cluttered with our stuff. A lot of people are saying we should wait until we find out the sex before we buy anything but im itching to start buying things. We are so not prepared!

Wow you have waaaay more stuff than me!! :dohh:

We have moses basket/bottles/mobile/quite alot of clothes/tonnes of nappies thanks to Mum!/bibs/monitor and thats about it!!

We dont have any of the "big" stuff, so OH started freaking out last night (think its because I have started to show now, he wasnt this panicky last week!!)

So I am setting up a babyplan with Mothercare! Just waiting for the lady to ring me from the shop and set it all up. We have ordered the travel system cotbed and mattress.. so thats the main big things done!

Dont realise how little time there is left LOL only 3 more paydays til baby comes! :help: time if most definately flying!!! xx

We have a steriliser and a pack of babygrows.

I'm not buying anything else until after the next scan on the 23rd June then I'll start looking at cots/prams etc

I did wait till we had found out the sex before i started buying most of the stuff, my pram is black & same with the carseat, altho im tempted now to buy the pink maxi cosi covers for the carseat lol!!

Arghh i am going to book a 4d scan i think as i cant quite believe im having a girl , and would be soooo gutted for me to buy lots of pink and give birth to a little boy :blue:

I know the feeling. I have quite a bit, but it doesn't seem enough. I feel like I'm soooo not prepared at all. We are moving in the next couple months, but we have no clue where. I feel like I should have a nursery all set up by now lol.

Aww see im sad as i wont get to do a nursery this time round as we only have a 2bedroomed house, but our bedroom has a big groove type part where i am going to place the cot & moses basket etc so i might just make that bit look a little more "babylike" haha , feels strange not planning a nursery this time :(

Wow I think you have loads!! I have nothing at all and I am 25 weeks tomorrow! I feel like I've had a mental block on buying stuff but I am going to start in the next few weeks. Have ordered some catalogues (babystyles, mamas and papas etc) so I can start looking for prams etc.

I've done exactly nothing - but I've thought about it loads. No real rush quite yet :lol:

clothes - got loads of Adam's that we'll use again, some won't be the right size for the season, so I need to go through and check, then wash. some is at my mum's, some in my friend's basement. will be buying new babygros and bodysuits but not much till the new season's stuff is in the shops :D

pushchair/pram - we have Adam's, and I have two slings (one of which I have to get back from my SIL). sort of planning to buy a second hand P&T, but need to do more research

moses basket - at my mum's. need to get a new mattress

cot - Adam is still in it, need to get him a new bed when we move house

car seat & base - Adam's is in storage at my friend's, going to buy a new cover as I think it might have gone a bit moldy down in her basement. :(

steriliser & bottles - at my mum's, might buy new bottles, defo buy new teats

breast pump - need to buy new one, sold my old one

muslins/bibs/etc - got loads, just need to be washed

nappies - all Adam's size 1s are at my mum's, need to go through them and decide what more I need

monitor - got Adam's somewhere in storage

this poor baby won't be getting much stuff new! will get some clothes and maybe a mobile (Adam's is a bit dusty and not sure if it can be washed as it's fabric)

i've been feeling like this, though i no i have plenty of time, we all do! all we've brought so far is some vests and sleepsuits and the steriliser. i've been trying to hold of buying until our gender scan in 2 and a half weeks :)yipee:), but at the same time, i'm feeling over whelmed with what we need :dohh:

Phew, travel system, cotbed and mattress are officially ordered! :wohoo:

Got them on the Babyplan at Mothercare, came to £400 and odd and paid £40 (10%) deposit, and have until 1 week before delivery (1st Sept) to pay the balance.... getting the pram money off my Mum and the cotbed money off my Dad, so me and OH only need to pay the remaining £45 off for the mattress! (damned thing was only £15 less than the cot!)

So happy to have sorted them now, OH was really starting to worry about baby coming and having to push him around in a wheelbarrow or something!

yaay x

WE have NOTHING!!!

We are just about to move into our flat in 2 weeks, so have stuff for that to buy and stuff for the baby i just dont know where to start lol

Lucky my parents are helping us out due to them receiving some money last month, whoch is such a great hep cause if they never we would not have coped one bit!!

But once i get moved into the flat i can start my buying :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->