Is Anyone Else Feeling Really Unprepared!!

I have not started shopping and we have to get everything ourselves as we won't have baby shower or any family support for our baby.

Can someone highlight on how many new borns clothes do you need? Do you buy newborn or 0-3 months? how many pairs and what exactly is necessary to have it.

WE have NOTHING!!!

We are just about to move into our flat in 2 weeks, so have stuff for that to buy and stuff for the baby i just dont know where to start lol

Lucky my parents are helping us out due to them receiving some money last month, whoch is such a great hep cause if they never we would not have coped one bit!!

But once i get moved into the flat i can start my buying :)

Yeah my Mum has been so good with buying stuff. She started buying what she refers to as "boring stuff" from when I told her (I was about 6 weeks pregnant!) so she has TONNES of nappies/wipes/nappy bags/babywash at her house..... so we wont have to worry about buying any of this!

She has also offered to pay for the travel system, and has bought us lots of clothes, the moses basket, bouncing chair and LOTS of stuffed animals!

If it werent for her, all we would have is a mobile, monitor and a Man Utd kit! LOL xx

Can someone highlight on how many new borns clothes do you need? Do you buy newborn or 0-3 months? how many pairs and what exactly is necessary to have it.

i hun i would defo recommend newborn babygrows my son weighed 7lb 15oz when born thats a very avrage weight and 0-3 would of drowned him dont think he went in them till nearly 6weeks maybe abit less. anyway i would say u need atleast 6 newborn babygrows and 6 vests but with that many u will be washing them all everyday probably as babys are very sicky.
i personally have got around 25 newborn babygrows (far too many!!!!) but i just couldnt help myself lol 18 short sleeved vests
about 12 newborn outfits
and in 0-3 ive got about 15 babygrows and 15vests and 10 outfits
ive got newborn socks
hats
bibs
and tights (cos im having a girl)
hope i helped if u need any advise just send me a msg its quite scary first time round! xx (and 2nd time round LOL) xx :flower:

You still have loads of time hun, dont panic lol!!
I hadnt planned on buying anything till after 20wks, havent really bought much but do have a good few bits as i got some really good freebies on freecycle that were too good to pass and picked up a few bits 2nd hand that were total bargains. On my 2nd i had nothing got at this stage apart from what i had kept from DS1.
I have a few neutral clothes again these were freebies i dont plan on buying clothes till after my scan on the 23rd, i do want to have everything by time i am 36wks though as DS2 was born and 36wks and DS1 was born at 38wks and have been told this lo will also arrive early according to my GP & MW i "cook them quickly":haha:
I didnt even have my pram when i had DS2, but had all main things then went on a big shopping spree when he was about a wk old was great.

we mostly have clothes but we also have-
tub (hand me down)
portable swing(hand me down)
jumerroo thing (hand me down)
3 in 1 convertable carseat
some diapers
a few things for her part of the room

thats all i have so far because were not buying alot untill after the baby shower to see what we get first, the crib and travel system as well as the high chair are on there so we will see

what pram have you gone for? All we have is clothes and just over 14 weeks left :help:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->