Is anyone else really worried about this E-coli outbreak?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
Just heard on sky news it can be passed from person to person and it's not just from eating the affected veg :wacko:

I just worry as Harvey's immune system isn't the good at the best of times :cry: xx

Yeah I am worried alot, I ate cucumber when I never knew it was all going around.. apparently the symptoms start around 7 days after.

Harvey got offered some spring onions and cucumber yesterday and I wouldn't let him eat them.xx

cant say i am really. heard on the radio it had killed 18 people in the whole of europe! compared to how many people have probably had it thats not very many. i think its a bit of scaremongering like they do with everything!

people die of e coli everyday but we dont hear about it. xx

Iv only caught a little bit about it on the news lately, didnt realise anyone had actualy died.
The news just said that 11 people had now been reported as having it and all of them had recent visits to germany in common so im not realy too worried about it.

Yeah I saw that...but now they are saying if you come into close contact with people with it,they can pass it on.xx

I was on holiday when I saw it on the news and thought oh bugger best stay away from the cucumbers in the salad.

But cant say Im worried its germany & switzerland its affected mainly isnt it?

I have not really thought about it, I hope cucumbers get banned though, they are wrong :p lol

Wasn't the original thought that it was sourced from cumbers but now they aren't sure? None of which had been imported to the UK.

I've got to admit yesterday I was checking all fruit and veg to see where it came from and if it wasn't UK, I was a bit weary. Didn't buy LO her bananas yesterday just incase. :wacko:

Im constantly stuffing cucumber at work, no idea where it comes from though.
Like I said though im not going to worry about it because if you worry about that sort of thing there are millions of other likewise things that you then end up worrying other.

They believe it's now cucumbers, tomatoes or leafy veggies (salads, potentially spinach.) the reason they believe so many women have it is because women are mire likely to eat salads in summer!

I always obsessively wash fruit and veggies, and am taking the extra precaution of just having veggies we can cook this week-nothing raw. Probably being OTT, bur am a worrier, pregnant and have a toddler!

I live in Germany and still eating salad etc, I just wash everything really well before eating it. If I listened to everything I was told not to eat or drink then I wouldn't be able to have anything.

Guess what: I am from the epicenter of it noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I have got a little bottle of disinfectant from my um who works as a nurse in a nephrological/dialysis ward...so that we can take it with us and disinfect our hands after I used public transport...
and they may now now how the EHEC looks like but they still don't know where it comes from, and I am so sorry for all the tourist that went here and brought it back home nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
https://battrick.org/nl/gfx/s/crybaby.gif

its worried us a tad, we thrown out all our salad stuff :haha:

From what Iv read it's mainly salad stuff to be wary about isn't it?? Was it cucumbers grown in Spain they recon it's stemmed from??

I wasn't too worried you see until I realised the bluberries I had in the fridge were from Spain :wacko:
Seriously though what are the chances they were grown on the same farm :/
I'm seriously wary now about eating the buggers :wacko:

x

Edit: I sound like a right nut don't I :haha:

well it said on the news earlier that it had been traced bace to a german resturant so its most likely a case of poor hygien or somthing in that one place rather then the actual food itself

I heard on the news that none of the food involved had been imported to the UK

Not one bit. I brought a cucumber and other salad bits Friday, not worried one bit as they are British grown. Anything I buy is washed too.

I must admit I am a bit funny about it, I havent bought any salad bits this week OH think its hilarious.

I am super paranoid about food though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->