Is anyone else trying to lose weight while BF? Getting frustrated!

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
Is amyone else managing to lose weight while breastfeeding?

I know it's early days but I've been on a diet for 2 weeks now and although I appeared to lose 5lbs last week, it's since all gone back on so either it was just retained water or my scales went wrong last week. So basically after 2 weeks I'm exactly the same as when I started :(

I'm not particularly restricting myself, I've been trying to stick to 1550 calories a day and exercising 3 times a week. I wondered if 1550 calories isn't enough while I'm BF but honestly, I'm struggling to eat that much. pre-diet I barely ate proper food and was eating far too much junk like chocolate and biscuits and yet my weight stayed the same, now all I've done really is cut out all the junk and start exercising again so you'd think my weight would start to drop but it isn't :(

I've never struggled to lose weight before so this is really frustrating! Is anyone else having success at it? How are you managing to do it?

You might be putting weight on from exercise as muscle weighs more than fat and you will be toning up. I always put a little on when I start exercising again but it soon evens out as muscle burns calories. Keep with it Hun, see what it's like after a month xx

When i breastfed and lost weight, i never worried about what i ate (calories wise - just tried to make sure i was eating healthy). I focused on cardio exercise, 4-5 times a week, and the weight came right off. I did zumba, it's a great workout that burns 500-800 calories in 45 minutes, and best of all it was fun! Be sure to drink lots of water, too.

Don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. It is a really slow process (took you 10 months to put it on, give yourself at least a year to get it off), but if you stick with it you should see some results. I have also heard of some women who struggle to lose weight while breastfeeding, but once they stop the weight is more easily shed. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->