Is anyone else ....

Nic64

Reaction score
....super itchy?! I am itchy all over legs feet hands belly back everywhere it's driving me insane!!!

Don't know if its just me or a pregnancy thing?! Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks x

It's normal for stomach etc to itch but if you're really itchy all over give your midwife/doctor a ring. You're probably fine, but there is one condition (something to do with the liver I think) where one main symptom is feeling very itchy. Like I said its probably nothing, just a pesky pregnancy symptom, but contact someone just to be sure xx

Thank you will defo ring 2mora I am starting to leave marks lol it's driving me insane!!! Especially my feet! Xx

I was that way. My arms and legs had scratches that would bleed from me scratching myself so much. I changed to oil of olay moisturizing soap and also started covering my entire body with moisturizing lotion twice a day and that seemed to do the trick for me. I think after about a month the itching just went away and I no longer needed to keep myself drenched in lotion. Good luck.

Iv found iv been sensative ans itchy to stuff iv never had a problem with before such as sqimming pool chlorine, most shower gels and bubble baths and washing powder.
Even getting a bit hot and stickt has had me itching all over.

Call the doctor and get the blood test to rule out the serious condition.

....super itchy?! I am itchy all over legs feet hands belly back everywhere it's driving me insane!!!

Don't know if its just me or a pregnancy thing?! Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks x

You may want to do some reading up on PUPPPS... My sister got this near the end of her pregnancy, but her OB didn't diagnose it until she had been itching for over a week!

https://www.pregnancycorner.com/being-pregnant/complications/pupps.html

It's most common in first pregnancies and if you are expecting a boy, but my sister definitely had a girl... Her OB told her she had one of the top 5 worst cases she had seen in her 15 years! :wacko:

Check with you midwife or doctor and good luck! :thumbup:

Obstetric cholestasis is the liver condition which causes crazy itching especially feet and hands. I had it with my first. Call mw today and get a blood test to rule it out x

Tried ringing. Midwife but no answer am at the birthing centre in about an hour for a class so will be asking then! It's progressively got worse over the past week! Tried changing moisturisers and don't put any bubble in the bath incase it was that! Not sure if maybe am just paranoid now!! But will ask and check today! Haven't had any stretch marks yet touch wood and my skin isn't dry so driving me insane but I am starting to make a mess of my skin in patches! Thanks for everyone's help xx

Baby is stil super active tho so that's makin me think maybe its nothin! Will askin this afternoon and see what they say! Xx

Talked to the midwife and had bloods done! So waiting for them to come back! She didn't seem concerned tho! Xx

Good that she didnt seem concerned. Pleased they took bloods quickly though! Fingers crossed they comeback clear xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->