is anyone else's body funky after birth?

TryinFor1

mommy <3
Reaction score
So I am formula feeding and have been since he was two days old.

I gave birth on January 16. I got my first af on April 6 with a positive opk on cd24 but got af on cd31, creating a 6 day lp. Wasn't so worried because my body needs to even out.

So I started af again on May 7 and decided to not use opks, since I am not trying to get pregnant, and let my body do its thing.

However, on cd14 I started spotting Brown blood. I honestly thought it was ovulation spotting or my hormones. It continued until yesterday, cd16 in the morning and stopped. I did not wear a tampon for about 24 hours, no problem.

I just got up and went to the bathroom and I am bleeding bright red blood now. I am on cd17 and this really has never happened before.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight on what it could be or if I should call the doctor? Just so confused! I wish my body would go back to normal!

heh 'funky' means smelly where I'm from :haha:

But I get what you mean and my periods have been absolutely all over the show since LO was born. But they were never regular before that so it doesn't really worry me.

If I were you I'd just forget about it and let your body get back to itself, it's still pretty recently that your baby was born :)

I was expecting a body odor thread too :haha: Anyway, I agree with MiniKiwi, it's still very early and most women go through an adjustment period where their cycles are weird. I know it's hard to let go when you're used to tracking your cycles but I really wouldn't be worrying about it yet.

Hahaha I use funky as in smelly too but definitely didn't mean it that way!

Thanks girls. I appreciate the input!

My periods have been weird too. I'm BFing but got AF back anyway. I didn't keep track and had the brown spotting this month. So either A. Periods are screwed up/funky or going away or B. Might be pregnant again.

I think it just takes a while to get back on track, but if you are trying to prevent pregnancy by using OPK, I'd go with a back up plan just in case things are "funky".

I've only had two periods but they seemed more regular in regards to spacing, however, this last one only lasted three days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->