Is anyone taking Zopiclone/Zoloft/Ambien?

A1983

Reaction score
I have a long term sleep anxiety which has improved greatly in the last 6 months, I get very anxious if im still awake an hour after going to bed tired as I stayed awake for 72 hours once which terrified me. Long story. But I've had hypnosis and cbt but unfortunately the only thing that's worked is knowing I can take a tablet if I need to. Very psychologically reassuring if I can feel myself getting stressed.

So I've been taking zopiclone 3.75-7.5mg about 4 times a week, and Diazepam 5mg about once a week. All at bedtime. So not too bad. However im very early in pregnancy-af date not even here yet-but im worried about the use ive described above if I continue like that. Research says there's not enough known. Great. Dr says they can't guarantee it's definitely safe but risks outweight etc. I get that-but I also would never forgive myself if I harmed my baby.

Any experiences ladies?

Hi! I'm very newly pregnant and have taken seroquel, diazepam and prozac for the last ten years. I've been taking zopiclone for 4 years.
I have a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, depression and anxiety.

Looking online and reading the pack instructions, zopiclone is NOT recommended when pregnant at all.

Have a word with your doc and see what they can do - that's my plan for tomorrow.

I take amitriptyline for sleep, my doctor has green lit it. It helps me sleep, handles migraines and is an antidepressant too but I don't need that last part. I take 25mg at bed and sleep soundly. Baby is so far so healthy :) might be worth looking into, I was on zoplicone too but it made me sick and I was also told it wasn't good during pregnancy.

Ok ill see Dr on Monday, thank you

My 3rd night without Zopiclone - this is not fun :(

Are you not sleeping well at all? I'm keeping busy in the day and have been waking really early so by 10:30 im in bed reading and thank fully been able to sleep with no meds. Ill need to take 3.75 zopiclone once a week as I start work very early on one day but my Dr's said that's fine.

Hey lovely,

I can empathise with you. I've got a lot of anxiety problems and was taken clonazepam (klonopin) to help me sleep as well as nortriptyline for nerve pain but have stopped the clonazepam since finding out I'm pregnant and am reducing the nortriptyline.

I hope you can find a good balance soon and are able to talk to your Doctor about something that can help you and also be safe as possible in pregnancy <3

xx

Thanks Tink, I actually took Diazepam at night when pregnant with my daughter and she's perfectly healthy-but I'd break a 5mg tablet into quarters and only take a quarter a night-hope that helps you incase you find yourself needing a Benzodiazapine at any point

That sounds like a good move. I'm hoping to see my GP this week to see if I can get a smaller dose of clonazepam so I can break it if needed because I often [before pregnant] wouldn't sleep for 3 days and know that won't be helpful for baby anymore than too much clonazepam!

I'm glad your daughter is good :D x

Yes it should be fine, 0.5mg c is equivalent to 2.5mg D so you could take 0.25mg. Or switch to D. See what your doctor says :) not sleeping is awful isn't it, especially when it's anxiety keeping us awake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->