• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is anyone using OPK

bemindful

Reaction score
We have been TTC for 5 months. I was just diagnosed with low progesterone (6.4) and will be starting Progesterone supplementation this month.

My question is... I have been using OPK tests for the past 4 days.
10/29 - , 10/30 am +, 10/30pm -?, 10/31 +, 10/31pm -, and 11/1 am +

When am I/ did I actually O. I don't want to start Progesterone until I know I have O'd

Oh hun I'm sorry, wish I could help... not sure what it means when you get + then - then back to +... you should be able to detect the LH surge for 2 maybe 3 days straight, then get neg tests after you've Ov'd. Have you discussed whether the low progesterone may affect the OPK tests??? I don't know if it would, but can't hurt to ask.

Best of luck sweetie!!!

was that a low day 21 progesterone ie you are not ovulating??

if you are not ovulating, you'll not get proper reading on the OPK

x

Thanks for the replies ladies

So... how do I know if I'm ovulating or not. I have been charting for quite a while. Cm seems normal, normal temp rise with dry up. Just a short leutal phase (only 9 days)

Am I missing something?

I have been off the pill for 15 months. My cycles have been pretty predictable for the past 8 or 9 months.

My Doc suggested Clomid. I would prefer not to go that route. Any advise?

So... how do I know if I'm ovulating or not. I have been charting for quite a while. Cm seems normal, normal temp rise with dry up. Just a short leutal phase (only 9 days)

Am I missing something?

I have been off the pill for 15 months. My cycles have been pretty predictable for the past 8 or 9 months.

Have you heard about Soy Isoflavons? You take it similar to Clomid, but it's natural and doesn't have all the side affects Clomid can. Least that is what I've heard and/or read on different threads on this site... might be worth checking out? It's suppose to help regulate your cycle and help you Ov as well... below is a website I found with some info.

https://www.ehow.com/how_4998044_pregnant-using-soy-isoflavones.html

Best of luck hun!

Am I missing something?

a progesterone level checked on day 21 (if you have a 28 day cycle or adjusted if you don't) tests for ovulation

when was your low progesterne level taken?
if your dr is suggesting clomid, it suggest you are not ovulating as clomid is a medication to trigger ovulation
x

I would have kept on testing until you got 2 negatives in a row. When did you test? You are supposed to test between 2pm and 7pm and not gone to toilet or drank a lot so not to dilute you urine. I wonder if that is the reason you didn't get a positive twice in a row??

Also, as far as clomid is concerned is it is sometimes given if you have a low egg reserve to get better eggs as you can take it a bit later and get a stronger ov and as such get better more mature eggs as opposed to slightly less good ones (im trying to be diplomatic, lol). It obviously also gives you better a chance as you will ov more eggs at the same time - hopefully.

Have a look at www.peeonastick.com as it has a LOT of info on opk's and the like.

All the best and good luck, hun!

:hugs: Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back