Is Benadryl safe?

AlliW1013

Reaction score
So I've had a terrible sinus infection for over a week now, and I wanted to ask if any of you know if Benadryl is safe to take during pregnancy. Any answers would be appreciated c:

For a stuffy nose, I have very good results just using saline nasal spray. I don't know if benadryl is safe for baby, but either way it wouldn't help a sinus infection because it's an antihistamine and can actually end up making the infection worse. It's so hard to keep track of what otc is safe and what isn't, I'd suggest just call your OB or midwife and ask for advice. It's probably the safest way. I hope you feel better soon!

My dr said I could take it and Tylenol when I had a cold last week. I did just push through it.
It's cat b same as Tylenol. No known risk to fetus

Is it just sinus pain from a cold or an actual sinus infection?

You need to check with a doctor really, or a pharmacist. I think there are some histamines that are OK during pregnancy, but not decongestants. Every time I went for advice at different chemists/pharmacies when I had colds and sinus trouble, they couldn't find anything that could help me. It was a case of steaming with olbas oil/friars balsam to loosen everything up then just trying to blow it all out. Paracetamol to help with the sinus pain. I know, it's horrible isn't it!?

My doctor said it's fine. I took it basically the whole first tri as I had bad sinus issues my pregnancy. And it helped me sleep! You just don't want to take it too close to delivery as it can dry up your milk.

Yes! Benadryl is 100% safe for pregnancy!

Benadryl is perfectly safe during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->