Is Clomid not working?

Nettienoo

Reaction score
PCOS and Clomid
Im 33, married and have been tlc for 3 years. Currently on Cycle 1 of clomid. I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager due to irregular periods. The older I've come the less my periods have become. My husband and I decided to seek medical help when 18 months passed with no period.
We were both tested, hubby's tests all ok. My fallopian tubes were clear but they found several cysts on my ovaries.
I was given Norethiserone to bring on a bleed and then clomid to be taken days 2-7. I attended for progesterone bloods on day 21 however due to my consultant being off sick, no-one @the hospital will provide my test results. I find this so frustrating but have to wait for my consultant to return.

Anyway I'm now on day 36 on my cycle and showing no signs of AF. I've tested several times but BFN
However from days 22 onwards my breasts have been so sore and my nipples sensitive and erect more than usual. Sorry tmi.
From days 30 onwards I'm getting strong shooting pains and burning in my ovaries. More on my right ovary but definitely both. I'm scared the the clomid hasn't made me O and is agrivating my pcos. I've gained weight without trying and hair growth on my face is becoming out of control since about day 10.

A friend mentioned asking for metformin instead of clomid. My next appointment with hospital is in 2 days.
Shall I ask for metformin? What if they say no?

Feeling v confused and worried that clomid is doing more harm than good.

Has anyone out there had a similar experience who can advise?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->