Is cramping REALLY normal??

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
I may be overreacting but I had a MC in December so I am literally spending every day living in fear (I'm about 4 weeks I think, haven't been scanned yet). So far the only symptoms I have had are tiredness and sore boobs.

This evening I have started having cramps, not painful but enough I can feel them. I have practically already convinced myself that I'm going to wake up tomorrow and it'll all be over.

Are cramps normal?? How painful do they have to be before it's a cause for concern?

Thanks in advance

very much so, I've had them with every pregnancy and each time have been terrified that they mean something bad and would keep running to the toilet to check! they are very nerve wracking so just take each day as it comes and try to not worry about them. (easier said than done!). They can be like period pains, you only need to seek advice if you're doubling over in pain.

thanks vanilla, i must try and stop myself from worrying

Try to see them as a good thing, it's a sign that everything is growing/stretching rapidly.

I had cramps too was so terrified for the longest time. I'm not 7 weeks 4 days and only get the occasional twinge!

I had awful cramps with my last baby! They started at 4 weeks and lasted up until 7. It was obviously normal for me even though he was my 4th baby and I never had them in my other pregnancies. Try not to spend too much time worrying.

Totally normal. I had cramps with my DD the week up to BFP and for weeks afterwards - they felt exactly like period cramps.

Yes, it's normal. I get cramping throughout my first trimester every single time. I also tend to get such awful cramps that I think for sure that the pregnancy is doomed. Every one of them have been healthy, viable pregnancies, though. Even with that awful cramping.

Yes i had them in the first couple if weeks after finding out At 4 weeks you would bleed if it was a mc i would of thought. I can understand why u feel worried but try and relax x

Yup totally normal so long as it's not severe or accompanied by bleeding - which even then, can be something else and not necessarily a MC.

I've had cramping since I found out 3 weeks ago and I suspect I'll get it for the foreseeable future too like I did when I was pregnant with my son.

It's all fun and games this pregnancy thing isn't it! X

Early cramps are a very good sign for me! Xx

Completely normal Hun, but I understand the worry, it's hard not to.
The day after I got my BFP with this pregnancy I had really bad cramps and I felt I thought it must period pains and I was having a chemical, but nope it must have been lots of stretching and my womb preparing for this baby!

Hopefully all will be well for you and everything is just making room for that little bean

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->