Is going back to stage 1 the right thing to do...need some advice.

my1stbump

Reaction score
My little boy is nearly 8mths old and we left starting to ween him untill he was over 6mths.

We started him on stage 1 and the smooth foods which he didint have a problem with, apart from certain flavors. We tried to give him a breakfast with a small amount of milk to finish off, then we would offer him a bottle for mid-morning or dinner which ever was first. Then try and give him a meal for tea time and a bottle before bed.

This went ok for a while then he would just refuse to eat the meals forcing his mouth closed almost, so we went back to bottle feeding.... I think this is where we have gone wrong. And the tried again on stage 1.

So now that he is 8mth nearly I thought that he would be able to handle the stage 2 foods and thicker foods, but when I give him these he kinda sucks on them for a bit then gags on the foods like he is chocking so I stop feeding him and then give in to giving him a bottle.

Yesterday I made him some pureed carrot & Peas and he liked it for a bit then started the same thing, this wasnt as thick as the stage 2 foods but had a few little lumps in... he gaged that much that he was really sick and he was completely but off his food and bottle.

But then this morning I made him Apple & Apricot breakfast 3 heap tablespoons and made it quite sloppy and he ate that no probs.

So I am not sure if its the different texture that is making him gag, or the face that he doesnt like it, or there is bigger bits in that get lodged at the back of his throat.

I dont know what to do??

xx

Have you tried to give him softish finger foods or rusks so he gets used to the texture and lumps?

Some kids have a real hard time with textures in food, I would keep offering, but if he doesn't improve maybe talk to your pediatrician about it see what he thinks. I would try just some regular finger foods so it's whole pieces instead of the puree with lumps that he might not be expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->