Is Going TO Try for the 1st time

ardum

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im new to the forum. I've been researching the internet since Dh and I decided to TRY. I ditched the pill midpack and TRIED immediately. :winkwink:

I ditched the pill on August 7th 2009. Started BDing with DH until August 10th when I started AF (?). It lasted for 5 days. It wasn't the usual period, though. It was very very light that some days I was just spotting. It stopped on August 16th and back to BDing we go. BDing every night since. :happydance:

I am confused, though. Before I ditched the pill, I purposedly missed my next period by starting the new pack (the one I tossed). It was my cousin's wedding and I didn't want to feel gross by having a period during that time (I was a bridesmaid!). I was supposed to have my period that week. When I ditched the pill, I wasn't supposed to get my period yet, but had it a week early. Im not sure if it was because of quitting the pill midpack.

My question is, I regularly have my period every 28 days, when should I start counting, the day Im supposed to have a period, or the day I had the withdrawal bleeding?

If I will count it from the day I had my WB, I'm supposed to have the next one on Sept 6th.

Any input will be appreciated.

I'm kinda confused. But, if you have a 28 day AF then you should O around cd14. if you're supposed to get AF sept 6th then BD!!! start temping, it'll give you an idea of when to expect O and it'll show your temp dips. Helps a lot.

Thanks for the reply. BDing is not a problem. Eversince I quit the pills, I feel more into it than I ever did while I was on the pill. I am also less depressed. =) No more crying just because someone look at me in a weird way.. LOL!

I am also going to buy some OPK and a thermometer (funny we dont own one!).

we bought ours a few months ago though i never used it. didn't want to try too hard. started using it a few weeks and it works wonders!! I love my BBT therm. it's awesome!! a good site to go to is www.go28days.com it helps you keep track.

as soon as you stop taking BCP your period will come right away, which is what happened to you.

It is suggested that you go through one menstral cycle before you try BDing to make sure everything is ok and that your cycle comes back.

As for counting, CD1 would be the day that AF appeared. Like the Other poster said with a 28 day cycle OV is usually day 14 but it IS different for different people.

as soon as you stop taking BCP your period will come right away, which is what happened to you.

It is suggested that you go through one menstral cycle before you try BDing to make sure everything is ok and that your cycle comes back.

As for counting, CD1 would be the day that AF appeared. Like the Other poster said with a 28 day cycle OV is usually day 14 but it IS different for different people.

yes it is, you're right. which is why temping is always a good idea :)

Before I ditched the pills, the previous plan was for me to get an IUD. Something happened and we both agreed to give it a try. Like I previously mentioned, I purposedly missed my period, started the pack that I tossed (midpack). I did try HPT just to make sure nothing happened when I tried to mess with my cycle. It was negative. Thinking that the AF could be implantation bleeding since we've been having unprotected sex since I ditched the pills, I tried testing again after AF, it was of course negative. I dont know what I was thinking at that time. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->