Is he drinking too much?

Chezzz

Reaction score
My LO is 10 days old and he's drinking 4-5oz of formula every 3-4 hours!
He drains the 4pz bottle and sometimes drinks the whole 5. He's not a sicky baby. He has a breastfeed at night but always needs a top up. Someone posted on another thread of mine he shouldn't be drinking that much but he is? Midwife wasnt worries but its made me question it now...
How much was your LO drinking at 10 days?
His weight gain has been unbelievable!

Birth -8lb 9oz
5 days - 8lb 11oz
10 days - 9lb 5oz

my LO is 7 weeks old and had 4-6oz every 4 hours in the day then sleeps for 6-8 hours at night. maybe your baby is just a hungry baby have you spke to midwife about hungry baby milk? that may help xx

my LO is 7 weeks old and had 4-6oz every 4 hours in the day then sleeps for 6-8 hours at night. maybe your baby is just a hungry baby have you spke to midwife about hungry baby milk? that may help xx

Mine only goes 5 hours at night. I spoke to midwife today she asked how much he was taking and she said that's a lot but as long as he's not throwing it all back up its fine, she didn't mention hungry milk. She's discharged me to health visitor now so I guess I've gotta wait for her xx

a lot of them do hungry babies I know SMA definitely do as my niece was on that.

It may be that he is going through a growth spurt. I know Max only put half an oz on one week and then the next 2 weeks he put 20oz on in total..

From being 5wks old to 6wks old he put 4oz on and he is due to be weighed again tomorrow. If baby is tking the feed I would say dont worry though every baby is different. my baby was in ICU for first 2 weeks of his life xx

LO was born on the same days as yours and he drinks 2-2 1/2 ounces every 4 hrs. Does your LO sleep a lot?

Yeah he sleeps loads lol! He's so chubby

My lo's 6 days old and has 3oz every 3/4 hours

I was told to avoid hungry baby milk and to feed him on demand with as much/little as he needs. I think as long as the Mw and HV are not concerned then just feed him what he needs. My HV said to avoid hungry baby milk so it might be best to seek advice before considering that, it might be a phase or this might just be normal for him. My 7 week old is draining 7oz bottles 5/6 times a day and most consider that a lot, my HV just said its normal for him and feed him more/less frequently if he wants it.

I was told to avoid hungry baby milk and to feed him on demand with as much/little as he needs. I think as long as the Mw and HV are not concerned then just feed him what he needs. My HV said to avoid hungry baby milk so it might be best to seek advice before considering that, it might be a phase or this might just be normal for him. My 7 week old is draining 7oz bottles 5/6 times a day and most consider that a lot, my HV just said its normal for him and feed him more/less frequently if he wants it.

Yeah I didn't wanna change his milk without being adviced to.. When hv comes ill see what she says. I feed him on demand sometimes he'll be hungry 2 hrs after. 4.5oz feed bless him!

My DS was drinking 3oz every 3hrs at a week old and by 2 weeks he was drinking 4-5oz per feed. He was also drinking BM, which everyone told me he would drink less of, but he doesn't. I asked my Dr. thinking I was feeding him too much and he said you can NOT overfeed a baby, they will either refuse to eat or throw it back up. So if you baby wants to eat 4-5oz I would just feed on demand :) Oh and by 3 months old he was drinking 6-8oz every feed :) He is just a hungry baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->