Is he just experimenting? or should I try again?

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
about a month ago I tried Mylo with puree weaning and he wernt having none of it! lol.. so decided on BLW. And to be fair.. give him a piece of what I have (obviously safe stuff) and hes been licking it.. rubbing it all over his face.. smelling it.. grabbing it.. doesnt actually swallow anything but the unsalted butter he sucks of the odd finger of toast! lol

This last week he is REALLY showing more intrest and his co-ordination on grabbing things and getting them to his mouth is improving.
Now shall I try again on giving him some purree stuff? (i stocked up loads before lol)
I was thinking maybe a rusk tomorrow with heinz baby yoghurt with fruit mix on? then maybe see if he will eat it off the spoon?
this last week he has been watching me and grabbing my fork.. trying to get it to his mouth.

Is he ready for me to try again? or just copying me?

what would you do? just carry on with the BLW?

I think that is partly up to you hun,if you want to carry on BLW then i would stay stick to it and eventually he will start to take bites,learn to chew etc.
Maybe he preferes to feed himself...you could find out by offering some pureed food and if he doesnt take to it maybe BLW is the way to go :D

xx

You could try BLW now - some ladies started at 5 months. He probably won't eat much for a while though.
I would stick to offering normal food, i.e the kinds of foods you eat, so he gets used to handling those rather than going for 'baby' foods.

purees isn't something u need to progress to...u can if u want to but i think thats a personal choice. If u want to feed him purees then u could try again and see if he's more interested now or if u prefer BLW then continue to do so.

I personally am not planning on giving Kian purees ever...i intend to stick with BLW 100%.

i had some feebies of baby food purees which i either spread on toast/rice crackers, put in porridge or used as pasta sauce (depending on if they were fruit or veg ones) so u can use up the baby food u bought that way of u would prefer.

tis totally up to u hun x

thanks yer I will do that.. tried him with the baby yoghurt mix today and after 3 spoons he lost intrest and started to cry. He doesnt like to be force fed and I dont want him growing up with food 'issues' cos of bad memories of this. lol

BLW I will keep with.. lets hope in the next 4 weeks he starts to take bits off cos last time he had a little piece in his mouth.. he felt it in there and gagged! lol
He wasnt choking.. but I suspect its just a strange feel for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->