Is he talking

1st_baby

Hey all curios question for you this way i wont feel stupid

Max is 3 months and a week old ..its been 2 weeks now when he cries it sounds like hes saying "mamma" I swear its clear and all but when i tell people they think im crazy :( even in his park he says it he smiles and goes like this "ma-ma-ma " until i go see him lol
and then theres when he eats i feed him and say YUM and he repeats it ?

am i crazy or can babies talk at this age :(

When I feed Colton, I also go "mmm" and sometimes it sounds like he is trying to say it.
Although, I've read that even if he is saying "ma-ma-ma" he wouldn't know that thats what he will call you yet. Babies will say "ma ma" and "da da" but will just randomly say them, will call dada "mama" and vice versa (may even call strangers mama!) until they get alittle older..

I read on a development website that from around 4 months babies can start to say mama and dada now, obviously they dont really know what they're saying! But they can definetly do it! Lily has shown no sign of it yet, I think id be on cloud nine if she did!!!!

I always say 'Hello Skyler' when we wake up in the morning and this morning he copied me with 'ello'.At first I thought I'm hallucinating but he repeated it.....now to teach him to say mama before dada:devil:
He already looks like his dad,his first word cannot be daddy too!

Ella has no sign nor did Carly at this age but i have been hearing that babies are talking earlier now :shrug: like Missjess you have a clever little boy ;)

Yeah im trying to teach him mama before dada hihihi

thanks girls :)

I have a book called "What to expect: The first year", & in it it states that babies as young as 3 months can say words like "ma-ma", "la-la", "da-da", but still have nothing associated with those words until way later, sometimes as late as 10 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->