Is it a chemical?

emmyloves1991

Reaction score
I am 4 days late. My last period was 7th Feb 15. I am regular as clock work and never miss a period the only time I've missed one was when i was pregnant with my daughter. I took a Superdrug preg test yesterday and it was a strong positive i couldn't believe it i was shaking. I read the Superdrug ones are sensitive. Then in the afternoon i took a Clearblue digital and it was negative. Then i tortured myself even more and took the other Superdrug one but it was a very faint line. Had a doctors appointment this morning there test was negative and took another CB Digital also neg. i asked the doctor what do you think it could be and she said she honestly doesn't know and to retest in a week. Im going crazy and i have pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, sore boobs, headaches. Which i never get before i come on. Ive had no cramps at the moment. I had spotting last wednesday i think it was and thought i was about to come on but didn't, also felt like a pinching sensation down below on my left side like dull cramps. I used Ellaone the morning after me and my partner had intercourse.

Does anyone know what this could be? I haven't slept a wink. Im going crazy. I don't know if to tell my partner i feel so alone right now, cant tell friends or family. I thought the doc would give me a blood test to test my hsg levels. I don't know if to go to the walk in centre? I do have a water infection if thats any affect?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 26
I couldn't tell you one way or another, but I hope you find peace in whatever it ends up being

Those superdrug tests are 10miu and the digis are 50 (I think). Therefore, if it would take a couple of days before you would get a positive on a digi. I would poas again tomorrow and see. False positives are very rare, so for now I can only assume you are pregnant. I have had a chemical before and really didnt feel pregnant, plus started bleeding etc not long after my bfp. You arent bleeding so stay positive! Doctors I this country dont like to do the whole hcg thing. I asked for it when I had my cp and they refused. Blooming awful not knowing what is going on in there. Have you another test so you can use fmu tomorrow? Goid luck hun xxx

Oh btw I had spotting too around that time. Wasnt ttc so thought af was on her way, but she never showed x

Technically a chemical is when you get your period slightly late and had a BFP. At this point I have to say unfortunately you are in limbo. Since you didn't get AF you may still be PG and tests have not all picked it up yet. I have heard that its near impossible to get a false positive and we all now there are many false negatives.

Unfortunately you are just going to have to wait it out. Talk to your OH, it will make things easier on you. Just be honest and say you don't know how things will work out so it won't get his hopes up.

I tested with a FRER. Big fat negative :S
Im stepping away from the tests.

I had a similar situation (only with me it was FRER showing pos and every other test showing negative). I was getting so frustrated with the testing I assumed Chemical, anticipated AF showing up. When she didn't after being a 10 days late I decided to test again. When I did every test was positive almost instantly, heck the test line showed up darker than the control line.
Honestly, as hard as it is...wait it out a bit longer. And try testing again in several days.
Good luck!

I'm so sorry you are stuck in this limbo land, it must be so upsetting.

Maybe try and wait it out and if there is still no AF in a few days time, test again?

Good luck x

I'd say you're pretty clear from a chemical if your lines are that dark. All 4 chemicals I've had the lines never got any darker than very faint. All tests have different levels too, and how much you drank/how long of a hold would effect other tests. I'd be pretty confident honestly if I had lines looking like yours. Good luck!!

How long were you leaving between going for a wee between the tests?

I didn't realise FMU doesn't count if you got for a wee in the night. My digi's weren't advancing as they should have been and I became convinced it was over. It turns out if you go for a wee at 5am FMU doesn't work. So I drank only a couple of sips of water and held my urine over 4 hours and immediately got a 3+.

It might be worth holding off going for a wee for as long as possible (at least 4 hours) and testing again with another superdrug one. The HCG in your urine is never constant like a blood test xx

I'd say you're pretty clear from a chemical if your lines are that dark. All 4 chemicals I've had the lines never got any darker than very faint. All tests have different levels too, and how much you drank/how long of a hold would effect other tests. I'd be pretty confident honestly if I had lines looking like yours. Good luck!!

I took a Super drug one later that day after that test was very faint. Took a Super drug one today and a FRER and a big fat BFN not even a hint of a line. Its just frustrating not even getting a hint of a line and still getting big fat BFNs awaiting AF at any minute argh! Though my boobs are soooo tender and sore. Ouch!
Thank you icklemonster for the tip and everyone elses replies.
What else do you think it could be apart from chemical and obviously pregnancy. Still no feeling of AF, no cramps. Just feel nausea, tired, sore boobs, white/cream cm (sorry tmi), backache and started in hips but i always have a bad back but feels more pressure on it. feel pregnant but hey feels HPT prove me otherwise.

Aswell i held in my FMU for the docs appointment today didnt even wee in the night and it was still BFN :S and what amazes me is that strong BFP was a second urine and already drank loads.

Exact same thing happened to me. The exact tests you are taking now & ic's were the only ones that would show up positive.
I felt embarrassed when I went to the Dr's and the test was negative, they didn't do bloods either.
They wanted me back in a week to do a urine test again, and it sure enough it finally came back positive.

He is now 2 years old!
Hope all works out for you. good luck! :hugs:

Awww no sooo confusing...

Just wondering if by any chance the first test you posted a picture of is actually a ovulation test?

That's the only thing that I can conclude in my mind to why such a blazing positive to now a negative

Fingers crossed this resolves itself soon x

So just tested with the Super drug with my fmu, haven't been all night. Big fat BFN. I am at loss. Not even a faint line. Started to think it was a dodgy test the positive. Thanks very much Super drug :/ I just want AF to stop the games now. Feeling drained. :( im never trusting my body again.

So just tested with the Super drug with my fmu, haven't been all night. Big fat BFN. I am at loss. Not even a faint line. Started to think it was a dodgy test the positive. Thanks very much Super drug :/ I just want AF to stop the games now. Feeling drained. :( im never trusting my body again.

Im so sorry you are going through this hun. Its stressful enough getting your head round a bfp without all this confusion! Strange that you have no hint of af yet though. That first test was so blazingly positive too, as dark as my first superdrug test when I was almost 6 weeks! I reallythink you should try and push the doctors for a blood count to put your mind at rest. You need a clue as to what is going on in there, a positive is a positive so theres still hope xxx

Im so sorry you are going through this hun. Its stressful enough getting your head round a bfp without all this confusion! Strange that you have no hint of af yet though. That first test was so blazingly positive too, as dark as my first superdrug test when I was almost 6 weeks! I reallythink you should try and push the doctors for a blood count to put your mind at rest. You need a clue as to what is going on in there, a positive is a positive so theres still hope xxx

Do you think i should go to the Walk in centre today? As my doctors are rubbish at getting an appointment or anything done. Also do you think it could be my water infection affecting the test. I mean when i did that test it came up straight away. Im starting to think my "pregnancy symptoms are either a bad AF coming or my water infection. If that was a dodgy test I'm definielty complaining to Super drug lol!

Ive never heard of a water infection messing with a pregnancy test (although I could be wrong). I wonder if its worth ringing yourlocal early pregnancy assesment unit and seeing if they would see you. Im sure they would be more sympathetic than the doctors surgery. Do you have your local mw teams number too? There must be someone who can help. I know the docs are very dismissive. I had a cp before ds and thedoctor basically just told me to go home and wait to see if I mc, the fact that I was crying in the surgery made no difference whatsoever!
I really hope it works out for you, this bit is always awful. I am a complete control freak so find these out of control situations very hard to handel xx

:hugs: sorry you're gong through this hun, so frustrating xxx I hope you get some answers soon.xx

Ive never heard of a water infection messing with a pregnancy test (although I could be wrong). I wonder if its worth ringing yourlocal early pregnancy assesment unit and seeing if they would see you. Im sure they would be more sympathetic than the doctors surgery. Do you have your local mw teams number too? There must be someone who can help. I know the docs are very dismissive. I had a cp before ds and thedoctor basically just told me to go home and wait to see if I mc, the fact that I was crying in the surgery made no difference whatsoever!
I really hope it works out for you, this bit is always awful. I am a complete control freak so find these out of control situations very hard to handel xx

No i haven't got the number i live in Derby if anyone knows it. I don't know what the hell i would explain to them. I am going to go to the walk in centre later though i went in the other day, even showed her the test and she was just like test in a weeks time but i haven't slept in 3 nights and i cant handle out of control situations either.

Today im having loads of White/creamy Cm (sorry tmi), i keep thinking AF is coming at any minute. My boobs went weird last they just went really sore and tender and veiny. They just ache so much i couldnt believe how much they ached :S There never like this before AF.

No i haven't got the number i live in Derby if anyone knows it. I don't know what the hell i would explain to them. I am going to go to the walk in centre later though i went in the other day, even showed her the test and she was just like test in a weeks time but i haven't slept in 3 nights and i cant handle out of control situations either.

Today im having loads of White/creamy Cm (sorry tmi), i keep thinking AF is coming at any minute. My boobs went weird last they just went really sore and tender and veiny. They just ache so much i couldnt believe how much they ached :S There never like this before AF.

Sounds like pregnancy symptoms to me! Good luck hun, let me know how you get on xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->