Is it a morning or night feed

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Between 4-6 am do you class as morning or do you class as night feeds?!

Does baby go back to sleep after? If you feed and get up after then I would consider it morning, but if you all go back to sleep after and get up for the day later, I would consider it nighttime, though I don't really think the distinction matters that much.

Well I fed & we both went back to sleep so night time I guess.

Dd1 was up 6.10 though so I didn't sleep for long!

LO woke 7.45 then which is fine in holidays....but no good when we got school run lol!

I use that as our first feeding of the day because my baby sleeps 5+ hours (a full night of sleep for a newborn) before that feed. After that feeding, she goes back to sleep for another 3 hours and then starts our day, so I COULD count it as the night before, but it wouldn't look good in our schedule that way. My baby's feeds for the day are - 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, 11pm. If your baby has made a schedule for themselves, what does it look like? Where does the feeding fit in the schedule? Does it make a difference, or could you just count it as whatever you felt like, and it wouldn't really matter?

My favorite site for baby sleep considers it a night feeding. Here's a link -
https://www.babysleepsite.com/tag/newborn-schedule/

What do you mean when you ask if you should treat it as a night feed? What is the difference between a day feed and a night feed other than the time on the clock? I might be missing the reasoning behind why this distinction matters. I guess if you go back to sleep afterward then it would a night feed, but if you both get up for the day then it would be the first day feed.

Well I guess it doesn't make a difference other than time on clock. It's just getting our morning into a routine with DD1 also.

Our days are a bit like this feeding wise:

5.00 a.m - 140 ml
8.45 a.m - 160 ml
12.00 p.m - 140 ml
4.00 p.m - 150 ml
6.30 p.m - 170 ml
1.15 a.m 120 ml

She generally goes to bed between 8-9 then goes to 12.30-1.30 so gets her block of sleep then then a night feed then up around 5

If it's still dark it's back to sleep for me. Bugger getting up before the sun. :haha:

I know what you mean. It's still just light at 5 at the mo in U.K. I could vary it each day depending if we need to be up for Day or not but think that may confuse?

She woke 4.45 this morn so I fed & put back down & went back to bed myself for a bit till dd1 woke. LO still sleeping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->