is it completely bonkers to want...twins?!

helenbun2005

Reaction score
so i already have my gorgeous bubba boy:cloud9:, but i didnt enjoy being pg (and his pg was really easy!). I cant help but think how great it would be to get the next two pgs over and done with at the same time. my sis has twins (and 2 others) and although it was hard work she thought it was fantastic!

i love the idea of having 3 all close in age and experiencing a twin pregnancy!

any idea how we can increase our chances??? hubby would love twins too!.....

or am i just a few bricks short of a load?!:winkwink:

I have twins and it is such a blessing. You get so much attention everywhere you go. I can't bring them anywhere without being asked 50 questions. I have identical girls who were conceived the first month that we tried.

It is pretty hard when you have 2 newborns, but the older they get the more it's just like anyone else who has two kids.

It's really neat to see their bond with each other. My girls truly are best friends. They sneak in bed with each other at night and sleep together. It is such a neat experience to have twins. Born together, best friends forever.

This is how they sleep at night.

Thanks! It really is fun to have to have twins!

What gorgeous girls ARouge!

helenbun...when I first started TTC I was near obsessed with the idea of having twins. I ate a sweet potato/yam every day starting a couple of weeks before I went off the pill! Unfortunately my first BFP (not twins) ended in heartache and, after watching so many other people around me struggle to fall pg/lose babes I would be so blessed just to have one.

thanks everyone, and 2106...i know what you mean,,,i have others around me disparate to have 1 and i do truly feel blessed to have my little man...but the idea is still there! x

I like the idea- 2 is our limit and want ages close however not sure if I am blinkered to thinking that it wouldn't be that bad as I desperately want kids !!!

I would love twins! I would like 4 kids and have left it quite late to start at 32....so this would be a great help! I guess the only way you might get them is to check your family history for twins and keep your fingers crossed!!! Mind you, I would feel blessed if I could just have one!!!

I would love to have twins just to see the look on oh's face..... he has twin brothers and he said they were terrible when they were all younger!!! I think it would be oh's worst nightmare, i'd love it though so i could have 3 because i know he dosent want another after one, if i ever get my bfp or course!x

My husband eats a lot of sweet potatoes. Also, his brother also has identical twin daughters.

I would love to have twins. I think it would be absolutely wonderful to have two at once. Not that I wouldn't be ecstatic to have one, it would just be nice to have two.

The only thing I've heard of is eating African yams. I'm pretty sure you would have to eat them with every meal to increase your chances. I have a friend who wants twins badly and I'm pretty sure she will be loading up on yams before TTC.

Also, make sure she starts taking her folic acid at least a month before she TTC. That way if she actually conceives twins there is a better chance of both sticking.

I am a twin (brother) and I would love to have twins - my brother and I are and always have been very close and my mum said it really is the most amazing experience having two at the same time.

Its funny though, lots of people who do have twins feel a bit 'jipped' because they only get one lot of maternity pay and no extra grants/money for having two at once!

Certainly wouldn't bother me, I'd be happy with anything :happydance:

Dh and I eat loads of sweet potatoes - didn't realise they had any supposed influence!?!?!?!

Good luck and baby dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"