Is It Definitely A Girl??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but since I started buying pink stuff, I've been getting myself into a state wondering if I should have waited incase she is actually a he. I'm worried that I jumped the gun a bit.

What do you reckon? I've attached the scan pic of my daughter and my younger son for comparison and it's obvious he was a boy but after hearing of wrong scans and how girls actually were boys..I'm worried.

Don't get me wrong, if it was another boy, he'd be loved no matter what but when you've got used to the fact you're thinking you're having a girl...it'd be disappointing for a little while getting used to that change in direction. I hope I don't cause offence at all and that I've worded that right as I know irrespective of gender, a healthy and happy baby is what is most important.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 74
That's definitely a girl, Hun. I know the feeling though, as I doubted my entire last pregnancy that my daughter would actually be born a girl despite multiple scans stating pretty obviously that she was. Indeed she is!

image.jpg
Definitely looks girly to me too! I have actually had experience this pg of them getting the gender wrong at a private scan. They told us at 16 weeks that baby was a boy, then we were told girl at the anatomy scan. We had a separate gender scan to confirm, which said girl, a free re-scan at the original place who admitted baby is a girl and that they got it wrong, and further confirmation at a private 4D bonding scan at 26 weeks. Each time we have been shown her labia to confirm, and your 'girl' pic looks very much like that.
It's normal to wonder but they're usually right, and especially with such a clear potty shot. Relax and enjoy shopping for pink things!
I just ordered my baby girl's Moses basket today, which is a Clair-De-Lune Noah Pod in Grey/Pink Waffle - I'm certain enough of my follow-up scans to make these large purchases, and your scan says nothing but GIRL to me xxxxxxx

If you reeeeeally want to be certain, get a private scan. But although you do hear of people being told the wrong thing (particularly that way round) I don't know anyone (or know anyone who knows anyone!) who's been definitively told a different gender than what they got :)

Thanks ladies. It was via a private scan that I got told that she is a girl :)

I'll have my 20 week scan on the 24th November so we'll hopefully find out for sure then but I'm feeling more reassured now x

Moom7900, that's crazy! I've never heard of of them saying boy, but being wrong and it actually being a girl instead. Did they give you a potty shot at your 16 week scan?!

Definitely a girl. The three lines are clear as day. :hugs: congrats girls are the best!

Yes mam those 3 lines are very clear. Congratulations

I feel so much more reassured. I don't know it's because it's a girl and I've only experienced boys, but I feel so new to this like I did with my eldest son. Things are already so different. I'm so unsure on everything haha! I feel a bit stupid because of it

I felt the same way after my gender scan said girl. Now I have also had the 20wk scan that said girl too I'm starting to believe it more :)

Moom7900, that's crazy! I've never heard of of them saying boy, but being wrong and it actually being a girl instead. Did they give you a potty shot at your 16 week scan?!

The woman showed us what looked like a protrusion several times and said she was certain baby was a boy, and even told my children they were going to have a brother! I thought at the time I'd have liked it to look more obvious like the photos you see online, but she double-checked and was convinced. We found out when we went back for the re-scan with somebody else that the woman who said 'boy' is a university lecturer on sonographer and really experienced, so I can only presume my baby girl was playing tricks with her cord or still had pronounced labia, but I'd have expected somebody that experienced to know the difference lol! Xxxxx

Is it more common for it to be mistaken that way round rather than being told girl and it being a boy? X

They typically say if you are told boy than it's probably right but if you are told girl than get a second opinion. I've known several women in real life that were told girl and bought all the pink and than a boy came out. But honestly yours is so obviously girl I wouldn't worry too much. It looks like a hamburger on a girl with the three lines and yours is very distinct lines. I don't think there is much room for error on your ultrasound.

I feel the same way as you. Not that I'm upset we are having a girl, we just went in thinking we were having a boy, I guess just because we already have 1 and our son told us from the beginning it was a boy and still told me last night that it is. Unfortunately, we don't get potty shots anymore. Not sure why they stopped giving them to you so I can't even have a look for myself just for reassurance. And I won't be getting another scan. I'm hesitant on buying anything also. I'm sure the tech was right but for some reason I have some doubts.

Lula, your's is an obvious girl. :) The people I know who have had a big surprise at birth are the ones where the sonographer doesn't see anything so they assume it's a girl. But nope, just a boy hiding his goods!

Moom, that's still crazy! My 15 week scan seemed to be a very obvious boy... I would be EXTREMELY surprised if he turned out to be a girl. Hahaha.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-read-gender-predictions-gender-guessing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"