Is it ever gonna get better

thanks for that sonny thats interesting he gets up at 8am ish but doesnt go to bed till 11.30pm his last feed is about 10.30pm he naps about 3 times a day usually at 11.30am for about 2 hours then at about 3pm for an hour or 2 and somtimes has about an hour at 7pm then has a bad nights sleep he usually wakes up making noises every hour and half and never usually sleeps longer than 3 and half hours he seems just very restless at night like hes tossing and turning but obvioulsy doesnt turn right over lol , i can sometimes here the gulping noise like sick coming up and back down but not very often maybe once a day xxx

Try a new routine tomorrow then depending what time he gets up get ready for winding him down in the evening to be all settled and cosy at that time,it might take a couple of nights but worth it for your sanity! write it down too in case it works for you :)
Tabs sleeps in her buggy with us downstairs until we go up then i top her up then for her last feed. She still doesnt sleep through but only wakes for a feed then straight off again.

There is a book called the secrets of the baby whisperer which has a section on baby cues like for tiredness/hungry etc (cues are very similar) once i cracked that thinkgs improved also. the section in the book is good but some of it was bollocks to me lol as Tabs only has power naps but so long as she gets those power naps she is a happy girlie inbetween most of the time,thinkgs are not perfect but they are now more bearable.
:hugs:

lol thanks, yeah it gets so hard at times i really enjoy it but hes hard work lol xxx

wel last night i gave him some baby rice and milk at about 10pm he was asleep in daddys arms by 11pm so put him in his cot i went to bed at 11.30pm and he woke up cryin at 11.45 couldnt believe it i calmed him down and he fell asleep and he was back up again about 20 mins after that and so on till about 2pm which was a nightmare i kept getting up and putting his dummy back in but he missed his first feed as he didnt seem hungry(he was just a bit grissly)and after about 2 he didnt wake me again till 5am had a feed and back to sleep till 8.30am cos my OH got up and i think woke him whilst getting changed so he may of slept longer . Also hes such a light sleeper you only have to walk past the cot and he wakes any of your LOs like this ? xxx

Sorry to hear your having a tough time with the sleeping , no my LO isnt a light sleepy , she is a heavy one.
Im not sure what you could do as i have never had a problem , you have tried the rice but it seems this hasnt worked ??
I hope somebody as the answer for you hun :hugs:

Tabs is a light sleeper too,even the slightest noise she jolts during the day although at night she does sleep more deeply. Maybe if he gets to bed and settled a bit earlier he will get into that deeper state

Sorry to hear your having a tough time with the sleeping , no my LO isnt a light sleepy , she is a heavy one.
Im not sure what you could do as i have never had a problem , you have tried the rice but it seems this hasnt worked ??
I hope somebody as the answer for you hun :hugs:

well with the rice he skipped waking up for his first feed so im hoping hel only need to wake up once for a feed now in the night but ive got a feeling it was just a 1 off lol xx

Tabs is a light sleeper too,even the slightest noise she jolts during the day although at night she does sleep more deeply. Maybe if he gets to bed and settled a bit earlier he will get into that deeper state

yeah i have to be quiet in the night the bed really squeeks when you turn over too so i have to try and turn really slowly lol , im going to try settling him earlier see if that makes a difference xxx

you might try white noise or something. i notice Bren sleps better with noise.

How is little man doing?

hes still the same ive just ran out of things to try now , i think its wind that wakes him up in the night i give him gripe water which helps a bit but it still bothers him, the gaviscon helps his reflux a bit too but i might go back to the doctors if hes still the same in a week or 2 and see if they can give him somthing else too . Hes getting into a routine now but i still dont get quiet enough sleep so i still sleep in the day when he sleeps , i just hope he grows out of it soon xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->