Is it just me, or does anyone else still live with the fear thats something will ....

SnowWhite90

Reaction score
go very wrong!!

Even though i can feel baby now, i still have a sickening fear that something will make it all end in tears!!

I love this baby to much, i wish i could just push my fears aside and start getting excited..

I dont think ill stop worrying until she's here, safe in my arms!

I have been so positive the whole time. Since I found out I was having a little girl I started bonding so much with my baby. I can now feel her move and am petrified that something will go wrong. It scares me to death and some days I just am so sad and want to be much further along then I am.

i am exactly the same and infact since starting to feel my little man i think i may have actually got worse. now if i dont feel him for an few hours i panic its because something has happened to him and OH has to remind me that he is probably just sleeping or being a little lazy.

its just our materal insincts kicking in to worry about and protect our children and even when they are here we wont stop worrying about them x

Yep!! I haven't been feeling her move loads yesterday and today and it worries me! I've been feeling unwell lately so I think she may just be sleeping and being lazy like me! I don't know, I'm just so attached to her already!

Me. Its taken us 5 years to get this little bean to stick. I have a medical condition too and even though Ive been told Im expected to be a lucky one Im still so worried. I already love and want the baby so much, Im expecting to feel like this until its born.

Always. I hear stories about stillborns and it makes me want to hide in bed all day

I'm actually feeling better and more confident in this pregnancy as time goes by. I miscarried in May at approx 7 weeks along. I had been so so excited and happy to pregnant, it was so upsetting to miscarry.

So after getting pregnant immediatly after the mc, i was so worried for at least the first 18 weeks. My previous mc kind of took the gloss and excitement out of this pg and replaced it with worry.

Thankfully now i'm feeling more secure. :thumbup: We just have to think positive!! Easier said than done sometimes! xx

Always. I hear stories about stillborns and it makes me want to hide in bed all day

Me to ... i simply cannot imagine how women cope with that! One of the cruelest things ever.

Soul destroying! I just want to give anyone who has been through a loss like that a great big hug!!

I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible! I had an mmc in April this year and know full well how quickly things can change but I've told myself to breathe and calm down...I have to have faith! I also feel like I need to learn to be calm now so that I'm not checking on her every 10minutes as that's how I'd be lol. I use my Doppler 1-3 times a week only and just let her be as much as I can. I never felt ANY flutters until 22+4 and I talked myself in to that being fine...she has loads of room and I repeat it over and over until I believe myself :haha:

I want to look back and think 'I enjoyed being pregnant' not 'I spent 9 months of my life worrying' lol

:flower:

Deffo same! I felt safe for a while. But then you hear storys of late miscarriages, still borns, etc. I don't think I'll ever feel 100% safe until he's here! Even then I'll probably be a paranoid mess about cot death. I don't think there's ever a time you stop worrying though. Sad but true. It's a mommy's job! x

I sorta feel like that, but every week that passes I feel more strongly the reality of, "I'm having a baby." Of course I still have little niggling worries...hoping that the labor goes okay and that I'm a good mom are my main concerns right now...

I hear that the worries never end once you are a mom :)

I wont stop worrying until my baby is in my arms. I had a 23 week loss on Christmas day which is coming up to 12 months so its really hard x

Just saw this thread on the main page and wanted to come in and to let you know quite how rare loss at this stage is.

I can't promise anyone that their baby will be ok, but the odds are stacked enormously in your favour. On forums like this you will always see a lot more stories of loss as angel mums join to have somewhere to talk but we are in real life a rare breed.

Also, you all now know me, if you know someone who has had a stillbirth it can only improve your odds further so I am sending you all loads and loads of love for very happy and healthy pregnancies.

PS - The only tip I will give is to trust instinct, if you think you may have something wrong, go and get it checked immediately and demand a scan xxx

After losing my last baby I am nervous it could happen again. I just hope and pray things will work out for me.

My fears reduce little by little as the pregnancy progresses and I am starting to enjoy it more rather than being a bag of nerves all the time like i was in the first trimester and early second! I noticed that I dont check for blood every time I wipe now, so I must be getting more comfortable with things. I guess test results, ultrasounds, a growing bump and feeling the baby move help to reassure me that things are progressing nicely. However, I will feel much more stress-free after I pass V day (and beyond), thats for sure. Im still only at 21 weeks.

yep im totally the same, I used to feel like this everytime I brought her something, sometimes i give her a little tap and she moves for me and I feel so much better for it, i dont think we will ever stop worrying even when our babies are here lol x

Yep I am feeling the same I have bonded and know its very silly but I am worrying everyday about something going wrong (dreams doesn't help either!)

Sure do! I've tried so hard not to get exciteed or too hopeful, but sometimes I just cry and I'm like omg I love this baby already *sniff* Everynow and again I'll freak out like eeek something will go wrong, which is scary cos I'm on meds for chronic anxiety, hormones can totally override em! Squeal!

xx

Me to ... i simply cannot imagine how women cope with that! One of the cruelest things ever.

Soul destroying! I just want to give anyone who has been through a loss like that a great big hug!!

Same. I feel like i'm too scared to even move incase I hurt him.. gah.. paranoia is a ******* xx

I've managed to calm down a lot since my 20 week scan and since I can feel her wriggling around in there.

I imagine my fears will never fully go away though - I mean there is always risk, no matter when. Sorry, but realistically we're going to be worry warts for the rest of our lives! There's a reason our parents have grey hair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->