Is it just me.....

Pearls18

Reaction score
...or does there appear to be a new cult rising, worshipping...

Aloe Vera.......?

Um
Nope.

Just you! :rofl:

Haha, have you seriously not been bombarded by the invites to the parties or to "start your own business", Herbalife is it? It's crazy my home town and current area is over run with consultants!!!

I've heard of it and it is simply a more expensive version of SlimFast. My MIL was conned into spending £100's on it, followed what the consultant told her as oppose to commonsense and research etc and ended up consuming more than required to lose weight, actually enough to gain weight (seeing as she was in the morbidly obese category that was impressive) and all because her consultant was low on the for the month and saw someone who was desperate to lose weight and preyed on her vulnerability. Thankfully, she listened to reason, I got her to cancel all payments etc and advised her to join Slimming World instead. She's had great progress with it.

My whole family is doing that herbalife thing. My brother and my mum have lost a lot doing it (both weight and money wise). I think it's just a massive rip off. My mum was telling me how she bought 90 cod liver oil tablets for £30. Talk about expensive. My brother tried to get me into it and I said "I can lose weight eating food, you know, like we're meant to do". It's so expensive and I don't know how they can get away with it. And I bet there are loads who con people into it, especially if they are desperate to lose weight.

My mum told me she had to pay £180 for the shakes and other stuff, and that wasn't even the full package. I don't know how anyone can warrant paying that much for technically slim fast.

I've never bought into any kind of diets, everything in moderation and exercise means you shouldn't ever have to diet so the product is a farce to me anyway, but it's how hard they try and "recruit" into it I find bizarre, and when they talk about it is is like they have been brainwashed. I just find it all really strange and haven't experienced it with any of the other "work from home" schemes.

You wouldn't happen to live in Ireland would you?

It's not at all common up here, in Scotland, but it's rife in Ireland! Folk are drinking it, rubbing it on them, sniffing it, rolling in it... It's meant to be like unicorn blood or something.

I think my OH's aunt sells it here in the states. The name sounds familiar and I know she sells some fad diet pill/nutritional supplements like that.

You wouldn't happen to live in Ireland would you?

It's not at all common up here, in Scotland, but it's rife in Ireland! Folk are drinking it, rubbing it on them, sniffing it, rolling in it... It's meant to be like unicorn blood or something.

I'm in London but it seems rife in my home town in Wales too!

oh yes, but i keep getting bombarded with emails about it. in the shape of herbalife or colon cleanse

pfft my colon is clean enough thank you! :sulk:

Sounds a bit nuts to me! As far as I'm concerned, aloe vera is a plant I have in my kitchen which I snap a bit off for using on the skin if someone has a burn or insect bite???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->