Is it just me?

i found this:

Walkers are today's market leaders in the UK, with sales topping an amazing £480million. Their good fortune arose from their simple non-compliance with the industry norm. The crisp industry had a 'gentleman's' agreement which ensured their flavours would be easily recognised. For example, ready-salted crisps were sold in dark blue packets, salt and vinegar in light blue and cheese and onion in green. Walkers decided to throw the cat among the pigeons in the 1980s when they relaunched their product; they changed the colour of their packets to blue for cheese and onion and green for salt and vinegar. The resultant confusion led to a great increase in their sales of salt and vinegar. This was capitalised on by the recruitment of Gary Lineker in the 1990s to appear in their commercials. He appears as the face of Walkers crisps even today, amid the outrage about sporting heroes advertising 'junk' foods.

i also found this hahahahahahahhah:

https://www.petitiononline.com/walkers/petition.html

So they were changed! It was a 'relaunch' like marathon bars becoming snickers.

Still cant find anything solid i.e like an old crisp packet LOL but apparently they changed the colour thinking the colours sold not the flavours....??? salt and vinegar are the least popular flavour in our house always left until last and eaten when there is nothing else to eat LOL.

There was also another thing, walkers were taken over by two different companies out of the UK and they wanted the colour packets/flavours to be the same as the rest of the worlds which is apparently blue=cheese green =salt.........not sure if thats true we need some people from other countries to confirm.

Well we always have cheese and onion left lol!

Perhaps we should do a monlthy crisp swap hahaah

BLAH: will swap you a bag of frazzles for a bag of puffs :rofl:

Picture 2042.jpg

I got alot of dodgy looks whilst taking that photo!! lol x

I remember when they changed! I was so annoyed that I'd spent my pocket money on the wrong ones. I still get them mixed up now lol.

It totally confuses me too - glad i'm not the only one!

yes they did midnight_fairy and nothing will convince me otherwise now lol!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->